Is a 2001 SXR suspension a straight bolt in for SRX,maybe 1 bolt re-location

bluemonster1

LIFE MEMBER ONLY ONCE!!!
could put in the 2001 SXR suspension in my SRX,maybe upper bolt needs re-locating or what.More travel on shocks here,suspension sits higher,so front end shock flip may be needed also.
;)!

Bolts right in. I dont know how many times this has been asked and asked again. All of the proactions are interchangeable from long to short travel.

all the suspesion parts are the suspesion parts are preety much the same.The sxr shocks will boldt right in your srx skid too.

You can also run the w-arm(front) spring as loose as possible if you're concerned about the front ride height. The sled will sit as low as it does now in the front, and will just be jacked a little higher in the rear.

well that is good positive answers.I measured my SXR and seemed pretty well spot on to.Well maybe I will consider the SXR suspension.After all it really works good on my SXR,so why not the SRX...eh.I still would like to put an 8" wheel kit in.Will there be enough adjustment on track adjusters to allow this.Put 7.5 rear wheels in my SXR and there is still some room left to slacken the track more if I put the 8" in the SRX.

to raise the front,I could put the shocks up side down.Read about this,should not be a problem,and will level out the sled even more.A more balanced look to it then.

we are only talking .9 of an inch I read.Can't make handling that different.But could invest in a widening kit to.Man sledding will put me into the poor house soon.LOL.

i have widening kits, 42 and 44 for that sled, also sell brackets for the viper front shocks to work with it. 44 wide will really make it handle flatter.124$ shipped for a 44 wide kit, direct bolt on, uses your rods and sway bar. looks stock(ish)

you have to remember putting 8" whhels on if you bottom your sled all the way you could do some bad damage bacause off the bigger wheels.

BETHEVIPER said:
i have widening kits, 42 and 44 for that sled, also sell brackets for the viper front shocks to work with it. 44 wide will really make it handle flatter.124$ shipped for a 44 wide kit, direct bolt on, uses your rods and sway bar. looks stock(ish)

How is that kid made? Longer rod ends or something?

I have jumped some wild jumps with my SXR and it's suspension and it basicallywon't bottom out.With the SRX...don't think I'll be jumping 20 to 30 feet airborne.Won't do any backflips either.Have 7.5" rears on my SXR and all is ok.

Back