RE: how good are Simmons Flex-Ski ?

MountainMax

RE: how good are Simmons Flex-Ski ?

I was thinking on getting a new set of skis and wondered opinions on anyone that has tried the new Simmons Flex Skis with the dual carbides and keel, something like the bombardier new ski last year?? My other choise was a set of USI ski's, anyone :?:
10--BLUonBLK.gif

Do a search on them, we've talked about them at great length. There's a thread in the RX1 forum right now too. There's good points and bad points to them. If you run normal wear bars (woody's, stud boy, bottom line) you'll be replacing them at great cost. Remember, to put fresh carbide on all 4 is DOUBLE the cost!

Basically, if you ride in powder mostly or off trail, go Simmons. If you're a trail carver, like me, you'll love the C&A's.

Flexi-Ski

Carbides cost $100 for all four, the last post doesn't own these skis or he would know that you can only get the carbides through Simmons. Anyway, they are AWESOME - they make my SRX float, and really handle like a slot-car. They also contribute to a better ride. Best money I ever spent on a sled! :D

The absolute BEST aftermarket product that I have ever purchased! I ride here in NY and the only time that I don't like them is on sidehills that are glare ice. These are on a 02 viper with 1.5 track. Don't worry on the carbides they last really well.

First thing I do to my sled is put on the Simmons. They rock! Even if the carbide is more, I will still use them

Does anyone know where I can get carbides for thses skis at a good price?

Thanks

KEVIN said:
Does anyone know where I can get carbides for thses skis at a good price?

Thanks
try Royal Distributing.I bought my Simmons from them years back.they don't sell them anymore but still carry carbides for them.They are not to far from you either..check the catalogue or store .

I have put shaper bars on my USI and Arrow dual runner ski.s.You can get them for Simmons to..just a little more $$$ Or just purchase the regular 60 drgree carbides.You don't need all 4 carbides the same length. 6 inch on the outside and 4.5 inch on the inside..more of a positive bite then.

page 260 in their catalog...right to the bottom of the page it shows carbides for Simmons. $83.99/pair for 6 inch and $74.99/pair for 4.5 inch shaper bar runners .Them are the ones I put on my Arrow skis..should last a long time.

the simmons good ski but i think they are over priced i like the sly dog ski work very well the more agressive rider u are the harder the ski cuts and they work very well when backing up . what good is a ski that digs a trench when ur trying to back up. sly dogs have a good turn up and the back part of the ski , they are very tuff also folded my ski hope back to the spindle and it did not break

Finally bought carbides for my skis
Now which mounting hole do I use on the saddle?
Front or back hole?

Back