Foam Play Mats

crewchief47

Lifetime Member
Website
sledtoyz.com
Anybody have any suggestions for indoor play mats for my little princess. I've been looking around online and some of the child safety sites suggest 1.25" dense foam will protect for up to 6' falls(not that I need that but I may as well over-engineer). Most of the stuff I see is 5/8" or less. Would like to find 1"+ thick interlocking tiles.

Brands you would suggest or to stay away from????

Thanks guys

I don't know about tickness and technical stuff, but I got interlocking mats from Sam's Club. They seem to work well ... I use them for my side nursery off of my work office, cement floor.

Years ago, driven by the same motivation, I lucked into a couple of retired wrestling mats. I think they came from a high school gym or somewhere similar. About 1.25 inches thick. My kids played on them for years. They did the job very well. Thats the product I would look for. Good luck.

Yup,
Wrasselin mats are the cats meow.
I use em to pad all the walls in the house.

wrestling matts aren't the best for kids, they interlock, but not as tightly as the ones designed for kids, means that the wee lass could go for a tumble and if she's unlucky she catches her noggin on a piece of fabric between matt's, and has nothing but 1/8" of fabric between her and the concrete.

I'd recommend either going for the interlocking ones (lock together like jigsaw puzzle pieces) or to throw down some thick carpet before the wrestling matts.

the jigsaw ones are sweet for place matts in the shop too, when she's old enough to not need 'em anymore you can throw 'em down when you need to crawl under something, alot easier on your back that way.

Back