Skid conversion

nightmanx1

I am thinking of getting this for my 88 Exciter, 1999 polaris 136 xtra-10, I have a 121 converted to a 136 but I am thinking the Polaris is going to be a better ride. Is there anything I am going to need to know for the swap. I am also thinking of taking it out a 144 or so, since I is rode in the mountains and regearing it again.

Attachments

• 75406.jpg
    75406.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

not only should the pol skid give you a better ride, but it is also significantly lighter. Also if you get a bit newer pol skid, it will have the tip-up rails, which are better for trail, and, probably ok for the mtns since you won't have a ton of ski lift to be overly worried about. cool project and there are guys who know a LOT more about it than i do... read up and you will find all that you need, I am sure. good luck!

As I understand it, the older 136 xtra lite in a proaction chassis will take you to 144 using the stock front hole location and a slight adjustment on the rear. I put a newer 144 xtra lite with the tipped up rails and ryde fx shocks in my machine late last spring. Not only did this save me 26 pounds, it transfers much better and trenches less. Extros will be a must have, I am changing mine out this fall when I put the new tunnel on. I didn't get a ton of time on it last year but with little adjustment the poo skid is 1000 times better so far. To get the 144 poo skid to fit, both hole locations need to be changed a lot. I used my buddies 05 RMK for my measurements and it helped out a ton to have it side by side during the conversion. I know several others on here have done the same conversion, you might want to try posting in the mountain sled forum.

Back