ChadG's work in progress

We updated Chads pistons to the 98 and newer so as to not have the pin stop fall out letting the rings spin and catch the ports, by the looks of the pistons and the slap wear going on she was due for new rings anyways. Its all fresh now and made a few little updates to the engine, piston mod, and a headgasket peel was in order.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 14
With the ton of oil he went through on a bad oil pump I thought the pistons would still look like new LOL!!!

Don, He went through over 2 gallons of oil on our last muni ride.

I only had to put 2 quarts in my sled to top it back off again when the ride was over and mine is a tripple!!!

LOL that oil pump was at full flow lol. God I felt sorry for the people who had to ride behind me. probly made there damn throat sore. Yup 2 Gallons that was expensive. ouch, interceptor to boot.......

I believe Chad picked it up yesterday and is happier than a pig in mud with it. Don wouldn't even of had to touch the motor with the amount of belt deflection it had in it. If he would've just tightened the belt he woulda thought it was a whole new machine! LOL! Nice looking sled and now Chad can see he's got a "ported" tunnel extension, right Don!

yep, I think the ported extension was worth 2-3hp!!! :rofl:

I forgot to take a finish pic of the sled, (maybe Chad can post it)but it looks good and I think Chad is gonna have a little more fun this year, watch out for the black 600 twin in a short blast on the ty rides. :letitsnow

I again want to personally "Thank" Chad for the favor he did for me as well, delivering the "new project".

Hey mrviper, in the first pic of the thread there is a green car iin the background. Is it an old Vega? Or is it one of those old Maverick/ Comet jobbies. Looks like a Vega to me.

Yep, its a 1972 vega, with 28,000 original miles, it now has a big block chevy sitting in it up front getting ready to install twin turbos on it. t-56,6 spd manual transmission from a trans am. The wheels are 17 inch hopsters and have 235/45/17 front and 245/45/17 rears, s10 rear axle with a custom made frame and 10 point rollcage that allows full use of interior. Its a pro touring machine I plan to drive on the hot rod power tour someday.

Thats just Bananas. A friend of mine used to have one with a fairly stout 406 small block. Been years since I've seen one. Post some more pics of it or mail em to me I'm a bowtie boy at heart but I also love cars in general. There is a local guy here with an unbelievable collection of Fords. My classic car was going to do a story but travel wasn't feasable.

Mark she is done!!! I will get you a finish pic when I get a chance. I hope your project is going good for you!! Thanks for the oil mark!! Easy and shipping was fast as hell!!!

Don thank you again for all of your customizations(not sure if that is a word) you had to do. YOU ARE TRULY A STAND UP GUY!!!!!!! You are very welcome for the delivery of your next hot rod project, it was my pleasure. The ported Tunnel looks sweet LOL!!! Just like allen said I am happier than a Pig in mud LOL!!!!! I am sure that my face showed it after ripping it across the field and back.I still think you did something else to that sled Don and you just are not tellin me LOL, That is what you call snappier than hell YEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Hey Allen I hope you took it for a spin too!!! Or was Don hoggin it? LOL!! Thanks for the complement Allen. IF you did take it for a spin did yyou pin it??? You better have.........

Chadg

HEy

Last edited:
riding it: I hogged it all.........

I am glad your tickled pink, this is the reason I like to help guys out. The reward of you guys shaking your head and the look on your faces after you ride your old machine down the test field and back is priceless! :wel:

Wait till the snow flies bud, youll have a blast with her! :letitsnow

While Don was out riding it I was in his shop still working as someone had to do some work! LMAO! Hey Don did you tell him about the present you left him on his front heat exchanger??? LMAO!

Wish I had a neighbor like MrViper700! Nice job on the sled. I also like the sounds of the Vega. I have had two V8 Vegas, but nothing as wild as what your talking. The last one I did was very stock looking. Similar to V8 Monza setup.

Back