Exciter II ST

LoneViper

What is everyones feelings on a higher milage sled in pretty good condition?
Appears to be complety stock except newer track, I don't know much about the 570 engine and it's longivity. Primary is gone through and secondary is new.

All honest opinions are welcome.

Thanks.

You should be OK - might want to do a compression check just to be sure. You should be looking for 100-120psi - anything less, and you may want to freshen up the top end - rings at the least.

It's a Yamaha, so there should be plenty of miles in it yet. The engine in my '89 is getting up around 10000km's and still strong.

The biggest complaint about those engines (and the 5/600 Vmax twins) was wearing out clutches. Lots of vibration leads to the primary wearing out often - like 1000 miles. If your's has just been re-done, you should be good to go!

A.

I Agree

5500 miles like stated above is not bad. If it hasnt been screwed with
(heads shaved, melted down, bored out, etc.etc.) the worst you might have to do is a set of rings. Compression test will tell the real tale.

I ran one 570 for close to 8000 miles before I had to open it & then that what only because I tried to get a bit aggressive with the jetting.

I would actully like to find a good 570LC & Exciter chassis down the road to build a little "powder special"!!

If the sled looks good else where & the motor has good compression, ya should be okay.

Hey its a Yammi, they run & run & run!!! :bump:

Good luck.

Thanks for the input, the sled has a few dings here and there but really not all that bad. I think it could use a skid plate and a set of newer skis. It sure appears to be 100% stock.

Back