DG pipe on EX 570?

Classic SRX

Anyone have experience with a DG pipe on an Exciter? Was there a significant difference over stock? In the two DynoTech reports I've got (one for the first gen EX and one for the EX II), there was no DG pipe tested. Has anyone got some data they can share?

Edit: single pipe btw

Angus

Last edited:

DG Pipe & Exciter

While I cannot give you "hp & torque stats" etc, I can tell you from personal experience with a 87-90 & 91 Exciter that the DG ran well for me.

Cannot say how it would have done against a Bender or PSI but,I was very satisfied with what it did for the years I ran the Exciter which was 87 thru 93.
Probably averaged 1500 miles per year at that time, no problems, good sound & definately "woke the sled up"

My wifes current sled is a 93 Phazer2 & I have a DG on it and am happy with its performance there too.

We run in altitudes of 4500-7000'.

So for whatever that is worth, I think it is a good pipe for the 570 for trail & powder riding like we have done out here.

Thanks Samuel - I've got that DynoTech issue, but didn't have it marked as having EX info. Looks like the '92 was a shade under 84hp stock, and the DG only bumped it up to 87hp - not a serious gain. I'll have to think about how much $$$ I'm willing to spend for 3hp.

Thanks,

A.

Back