Extravert Drivers

snomoguy

Sounds weird saying the word. But anyway......
Was talking to a local mechanic about putting on a 151" on my Mt. Viper.
He starts in on telling me it is impossiable without moving my skid back 2" inches. He says that when my suspension compresses it will hit the teeth on the extravert drivers. He says to move my suspension back 2", then go with a 1 1/2" big wheel kit adapter and I don't need the rail extension.
I can understand his figures but do I have to move my skid back 2" just to accomadate the extervert drivers.
Can't I just use a normal 144/151 rail extension?
Seems this is overkill!

I never heard of moving your skid back? That sounds rediculous.

Dont see why you would have to do that. The only difference with the extrovert drivers is the drive cogs on those drivers have teeth in the center to grab your track clips. The regular one only grab the cogs on the track.

You have any snow out in Wyoming yet?

well you could prove him wrong by compressing the suspension without the track on to see if it hits the drivers. Heres what I have to do to go from 136 to 144 on my 98 srx back 4" on all the mounts and down3/8" ,5/8" and 1 1/4" no rail extension. (new track length-old track length=?X.5=what the skid needs moved back) I got these figures from a fellow Ty member. Just my 2 cents though. Good luck

I think 8 tooth ext. drivers would work fine , maybe he is thinking of a short track with 9 tooth drivers? You could call Hartman or Mountain Performance for sure!

Greetings from Montana, another season upon us. I would have to say unless your extroverts are 2" long, there will be no contact anywhere. A guy up here had a Viper exactly like yours with 151" and he just used rail extensions.

He is wrong, there is no problem with 8 tooth drivers. Call hartman for questions on how to set up. 10/21 Northern Colorado Rocky's 14" new snow in some areas. :letitsnow :letitsnow :letitsnow

PS: attached photo of hartman tunnel and rail extentions with a 151" track, with the skid in stock position.

Attachments

• Hartman ext..jpg
    Hartman ext..jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Some sleds do have issues. If you stick with the 8t stock size drivers you will have no issues (done it). If you leave the skid in the stock location on a Poo edge for example, then you do have to trim the rail tips to avoid interference. Maybe his experience is with other brands?

On a side note, 2" of setback would just about make up the difference of rail extensions to go from 144 to a 151.

Thanks Guys
I didn't think that would be the case, from reading here before. Just thought I'd check it out and make sure. He must be dealing with a lot of 9 tooth short tracks. First time I had ever visited this guys shop.
Hey, LoneViper, how was the summer.

Back