sc10-3 mounting locations?

JONR

Planning to install a sc10-3 into my viper and was
wondering if anyone had the dimensions needed for
mounting it up? I Did a search on here and also over
on dootalk but wasn't able to come up with anything.
Any info on the install is welcomed.
Thanks for the help

Try jbshocks.com I know he has some dims for the edge susp there not sure if he has any thing for the sc10-3, If he dosnt maybe you could ask him for some.

Nothing listed on their site, maybe I'll try to get in touch with them. Seems to be a lot more info on the edge install. I was going to go with an edge as well but came across the sc10 for a reasonable price. Thanks for the tip

I am going to see if the guy i bought the skid from will take the measurements for me and was wondering exactly what I will need from him. Just the distance from drive shaft to mounting holes?

If he isnt willing or comes back with a number that just doesn't make sense, I was thinking of taking them from my buddies 05 Rev. The skid I have though is out of an older chasis, will the rev dimensions work? thanks

i just installed one over the summer on my 03 viper . i should be able to find the paper with the dimensions i used but will have to go look in the garage .

Dimensions are from the bottom side of the tunnel. Front hole is 4 5/8" down and the rear hole is 5 3/4" down. the front hole is 8 1/4" from the center of the driver shaft. The suspension mounting holes are 25 3/16" apart. The only problems i had to deal with was the front holes landed right on the steering support. I drilled through it, then cut notches above and below the hole i just drilled and flattend it. You will also have to make up about a 1/4" of space total (1/8" each side) between the bushings and the tunnel. good luck.

Gotta be careful. Measurements are different for zx vs Rev sc10-3's. The zx had a solid shaft front arm but the rev has front arm mounts ahead of the solid shaft. I believe dimensions are slightly different .

Robnoxoius, what was your sc10-3 out of?? Can you post pics?

Thanks for the info robnoxious...I guess I will keep searching for dimensions out of a zx chasis though, last thing I want is for this thing to bind up.

If you have the other style, that shaft is a 1 1/2" closer to the back of the sled. Then subtract that much from the front to back measurment. But then again i'm not sure of the diferance between the two suspensions? What year and model sled did it come out of?

Im not sure of the difference either. Just looking at a rev and the older chasis style they seem to be the same, but I like i said i dont know. Anyhow mine is out of a 2002 mxz 700

Back