tunnel height adjustment

mod-it

My drop brackets on each side of the back of the tunnel have always been in the middle holes. I was thinking that I would like to move it to the lowest hole this year, which would move the tunnel to the highest position. Then I remembered that there is another hole there that isn't in line with the other three. Does anyone know if its possible to put it in the hole that is all by itself? Would the bolts in the middle of the tunnel on each side allow this? It looks like it would help it to really transfer the weight back when on the gas. In fact, now that I think about it, so much so that it might transfer too much and I would end up losing track on the ground? Anyone have any thoughts/experience with this? I assume that it will make the ride somewhat rougher as far as suspension goes, but who cares when you spend most of the day off the trail. Thanks.

I'm not sure I understand your ? If you move the rear mount to the bottom hole than youi should move the Center bolt to the lower hole also, if I'm understanding your ? correctly.

Attachments

• Hole position.JPG
    Hole position.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Lol, I wondered if I was getting my ? across very well.

If you look on the back bracket (right arrow in your picture), there are the three holes for tunnel adjustment that are vertically in line with each other. There is a fourth hole close to the other three. Just not in line with them. That fourth hole looks like it would not only move the tunnel higher, but also allow the sled to transfer weight better. Just wondering if its possible to use the fourth hole.

What I also was wondering is if the slotted hole on each side of the center of the tunnel (left arrow in your picture) would even allow for this possibility.

Sorry for the poor explanation.

Back