What shocks will fit?

norwegian

What shocks will fit a 01 MM, that are yamaha ones, and readily avaiable for a decent price? Will the shocks from a short or long viper fit?
Thanks

they will not fit unless you get some conversion brackets. Both the sleds you mention have clevis type top mounts and you need an eye type mount like the bottom connection.

the fronts on a 2001 MM use the clevis mount I think. The problem with viper shocks is they have more travel, so with short rad rods you would have to preload the shock to get it on, or widen the front end. Maxdlx

I am in the same boat, I want to upgrade from the stock steel shocks but dont want to spend 600.00 bucks on Ohlins for a sled that is only worth 2500.00 I was wondering about KYB shocks fromm other Yamahas.
But I cant find eye to eye measurements. I cant get a real good measurement on my MM without taking it off.
Does anybody have a list of the different lengths of shocks for various models? Maybe we should start one!!

Shocks

We put on 02-03 Viper shocks on both of our 99 Mtn Maxes. We didn't change a thing and they worked fine. They are the same style mounts. No adapters needed. They are about 1" longer.

I have since changed to Works shocks from Hartman Inc.. My dad's sled still has the 4 Viper shocks. They are in shipping back from Pioneer as I type this post. He rode them stock for four years. We just had them rebuild/revalved for his weight.

Im confused, which doesnt take much. All the picturs of viper shocks I have seen have the clevis style mount. Are there two different styles??

When I upgraded my2000 MM I took 2 KYB's from a viper for under the tunnel. The fronts would not work because of a wider ski stance on the Viper to A Mtn MAX. The Ohlin's I put on hte front took a special bracket to attach at the top.

David :beer: :beer:

Back