Tracks USA extension, does this look right?

snow guy

After a long wait due to manufacturing delays I fianlly got my extension but I'm concerned that it's not the right one. I'm sure I can get it to fit with some grinding and re-drilling but I was expecting it to be a perfect fit. It's for an 05 Mtn Viper 144-151. My question is did they send me the wrong one or is this as good as it gets, I will be contacting them to verify this too.

Attachments

• Tracks USA.JPG
    Tracks USA.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 32

Yep they sucked mine I had to grind to fit...Not happy either.....easy to grind but they should say that before you buy them.....

Could you take a pic from an angle?? I had some and don't remember a protrusion on the slider profile part, can't see if there is on in the picture or not.

Thanks,

xsivhp

Yes, they should tell you that you have to grind some material out. The extensions are machined on the tight side because of the slight differences from rail to rail. That's what I was told anyways. That way they will fit for everybody, but some guys will have to grind out a little. Regardless, they are the best extensions made.

Yes there is a protrusion on the slider side, if this is as good as it gets I'm not happy. As you can see the adjuster bracket holes don't even line up, it has to get better than this. I'm all for a little tweaking but this is beyond that. I sent them a picture too so I'll see what they have to say.

You boys need to learn to read.

"For maximum strength, the TRACKS USA extensions interlock in the axle slots at the rear of the stock rail. Because of close tolerances designed into the TRACKS USA extensions and the fact that stock rails are stamped and not machined, very minimal filing may be required to fit some stock rails."

Taken right of thier web site.

To me that doesn't look right, I think they sent you the wrong part. Maybe check the part number and verify it on their website. The part number is in the ext. I believe. Good luck, XC

Is this your part number?
YAM 204 '05 & '06
121 to 128 136 to 144 144 to 151 151 to 159
stock $145

No matter what those are really for, I think those holes on the far left are way off, they should match the set of holes on the right, correct?

Last edited:
What I think he is a little more conserned about is the oval boss that is sticking up with the single hole in it by the hifax exstension part if it is really sticking up. Looks to me that one would have to drill two 5/8 hole about 1 1/4 apart and then cut from hole to hole to make a slot for it to fit into, or use a milling machine to cut the slot. That is a little more than just a little filing to make it fit. The other hole are nothing to worry about, just redrill them.

Wolfman

Attachments

• Tracks_USA.JPG
    Tracks_USA.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 33
That is one reason why I thought it may be the wrong part but I can't quite read his part number in the picture.

go to the tech pages under rear suspension and read the install article. the last thing you want when extending rails is to have the extensions fit loosely. yes you have to trim, but dont trim so it fits too losse. trim it so the bolts must draw the two pieces together (for added strength and stability). you will need to drill a hole or two as well.

remember this isnt a factory bolt on accessory you are doing. you are adding something that wasnt designed for the application. it was designed as an add on and you have to "modify" it to fit YOUR application.

as far as the lower boss in the pics (its upside down so it looks like it is at the top in the pic), it fits behind the rail, and a bolt goes through it to hold it in place and give strength in that region. yes you have to drill a hole for it in your rail. ski

Last edited:
It is the 204 part #, but I think what I have to do to make it fit right is little more than what I would call "minimal" filing. I'll see what they have to say when I talk to them.

Maddogs700srx said:
You boys need to learn to read.

"For maximum strength, the TRACKS USA extensions interlock in the axle slots at the rear of the stock rail. Because of close tolerances designed into the TRACKS USA extensions and the fact that stock rails are stamped and not machined, very minimal filing may be required to fit some stock rails."

Taken right of thier web site.

Yes but mine was a lot more than minimal filling...The only thing I'm pointing here is that we are the costumers and the ones that they have to keep happy...right....?

I added their extensions to make my M10 136" a 151". Other than the slot on the stock rail being a little longer than the protrusion on the extension, they fit like a glove and were snug before bolting. The only thing I did different was flip them around so I could mount my track adjuster on the inside so I can run a 2 wheel set up in the future. The only filing I did was at the rear of the rail so the hyfax wouldn't catch as I slid it on. Maybe I got lucky with the machining on my set?

Attachments

• trackusa2.jpg
    trackusa2.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 7
  • trackusa3.jpg
    trackusa3.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
ViperXC said:
To me that doesn't look right, I think they sent you the wrong part. Maybe check the part number and verify it on their website. The part number is in the ext. I believe. Good luck, XC

Is this your part number?
YAM 204 '05 & '06
121 to 128 136 to 144 144 to 151 151 to 159
stock $145

No matter what those are really for, I think those holes on the far left are way off, they should match the set of holes on the right, correct?

I think the holes on the far left are there to get bolts as far forward as possible for strength. I would drill the two other locations and bolt there also. I agree with you about the oval boss sticking up. This makes me think it may be the wrong part. Maybe the short track vipers had an oval slot in the stock rail???

Last edited:
wolfman said:
What I think he is a little more conserned about is the oval boss that is sticking up with the single hole in it by the hifax exstension part if it is really sticking up. Looks to me that one would have to drill two 5/8 hole about 1 1/4 apart and then cut from hole to hole to make a slot for it to fit into, or use a milling machine to cut the slot. That is a little more than just a little filing to make it fit. The other hole are nothing to worry about, just redrill them.

Wolfman
That's what I was getting at too - I think you got the wrong ones.

I emailed them a picture yesterday and they answered back that it looks like I got the wrong one and need part # 100 which might be the right profile but the wrong length, it looks like part # 104 might be the one, I'll be talking to them Monday.

Looks ok to me. I cant tell the length but when I installed mine it took a little time to file them to fit right. But once I filed enough they were tight as hell before bolting on. I had bought them used and the previous guy had cut the hifax extension part completely off. So i was able to just run the stock hifax. Has worked out just fiine for ~1000 miles.

The directions also say to drill the 4 stock holes, and then the other 2 in the extension. So you end up with 6 bolts holding it on, not 4. Maxdlx

I talked to them today and they confirmed that they were the wrong ones, I need the #104 extensions, they said I had the old style rails, whatever that is. They were very accommodating and will be sending it UPS with a paid return ticket with it. I'll post a picture to show you all the difference.

Last edited:
It's the protrusion on the slider extension I bet. I had some last year, can't find any pics of them though.

xs

Back