snow in u.p today

Snow seems to have slowed down around here. I hear champion, about 10 miles west of here, had rideable snow. Don't the laws allow riding only during specific times during hunting season? But I gotta agree with the whole don't piss off the neighborhood early in the season...

yamahagirl, good luck on employment up here :) I am sure you are aware of the number of school closures around here. My neighbor is a teacher in gwinn. She commutes ~25 miles each way to keep a job. Those in a city may not think 25 miles a long commute. I used to make that same drive to the Air Force base out here every day. All that wonderful snow we get makes that commute kind of a bummer.

I think it is something like between 11:00 and 2:00 during hunting season - then after dark - Buck Shot in the hinney would hurt!!! - any word on what they got east of Munising? - I'm hearing that they didn't get much!

shortstop20 said:
Wow, that picture is just pure torture. They're calling for snow in SD next week, hopefully the nights will stay cold to freeze the ground and then we'll get 8"-12" so I can do a little riding. Would be the first time in a few years that we were able to ride before Thanksgiving.

i just checked hell has not froze over were not gonna get snow before thanksgiving :brr

Snow here in Houghton Is pretty much gone. Been warm the past few days. I knew it wasn't going to last, but it was nice to see all that white.

fasttoys17 said:
i just checked hell has not froze over were not gonna get snow before thanksgiving :brr
im thinking your right i'd like to see some snow for deer season and hunt them with my sled.

No photos, but this past weekend I drove from Newberry to Baraga. The snow started between Marquette and Negaunee and ended just before L'anse. On the return trip, probably about 3/4 of it had melted over the course of 3 days. As for the riding hours during hunting season, it is illegal to operate a snowmobile/atv during the hours of 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.

Last edited:

Back