bravo help

mulderdad

I finally found a track for my boys 89 bravo. I have to take off the secondary b/c it need a good cleaning.
Is there a trick to getting the secondary off? I have the nut off and it wont budge. I have tried to pry it and tried a rubber mallet.
Thanks,
Rick.

Thanks Len.
I am gonna try that tomorrow. Do you remember that damn cyl last year and the pins!
This secondary almost went the same way and met mr big sledge! LOL!
Cheers,
Rick.

Yes I have seen what a french man with a hammer can do. :o| :o| :o| Leave that for the wood pile taberknac.also try undoing the rest of the bolts so the clutch will seperate if that is feasable.Sell the srx yet?

The jackshaft on your Bravo secondary is tapered with a key that holds on the stationary sheave (just like a flywheel). There are 3 holes in the sheave on the retaining nut side. You need to use a 3 way flywheel puller with bolts threaded into those holes and pull it off like you would a flywheel. It should pop right off. Beating it from the backside with a hammer will do NO!! good and you will break the clutch before you get it off. Ovations are the same way. They are a good little clutch but out of the norm for Yamaha design.

Good Luck, Phil

(Parts blowup below, follow the steps to your sled and go to "secondary sheave")

http://www.yamahaaccy.com/parts.aspx

Back