Clutching my 2001 Mountain Max 700

mm700sleder

I just bought this sled. I'm putting power Inc. triple pipes on it, k&N filters, and maybe a boost bottle. I live in new Hampshire so I don't do high altitude riding, generally between 2000 and 4000 ft. I will be using the sled mostly on the trails but want to have performance when I hit the powder. I don't know where that puts me with the jetting and clutching. I was wondering what would be a good set up for me. :winterrul

pm Turk, he helped me get mine close. I ride similar elevation with SLP quiets and run 145m straight across, 45 pilots with the screw about 1.75 turns out (might go to 50's this year). 8cr's with 4.5g's in each hole and the 14.5mm rollers with a green spring. 2ndary is wrapped to 70 degrees with a 43 degree helix and the stock y-w-y spring. I was running 21-39 gearing with 8t drivers (144x2) but am going to 19-41 and 9t drivers for this season with a 151x2x15wide. I still run the airbox though and have seen other brands without that became wicked finicky in temperature changes throughout the day. I also run a Peak head w/22 cc domes, Hauck boast bottle, and v-force 2's.

Lose the filters; don,t use em; jetting nightmare!!!!You will either be too rich or blow up!
47.5 pilots
raise needles 1/2 right across
147.5 mains
This is with the stock airbox.
You can,t get the 8cr stock weights heavy enuff so get a set of 89L,s...for minimal powder they are fine.

You need to say if the pipes are end dumps or centre dumps; they run similar jetting but clutching & rpm,s are different.

thanks so much. i will drop the filters and keep stock. i heard that drilling 6 1inch air holes in the stock air box can give you a couple more hp. Do you think that that would be a smart move? i don't want a blown motor, but want to crank as much hp without risking potential damage to the sled. I think they are end dumps if that means that the pipes have individual mufflers? does a boost bottle installation effect the jetting too?

Last edited:
Don,t monkey with the airbox....period!!!! Centre dumps exit out about 3/4 of the way down the pipes....end dumps come right out the end. End dumps make more hp & have a larger rpm power curve.

Run em at 7900-8100...no higher. Run 89L,s 3.6 gram rivet with a helix about 52/44 & green at 70 wrap. Go to a heavier rivet if you have to lower rpm,s to get em right.

so the jetting you told me before would work with these pipes. where would be the best place and deal to get all the clutching parts

Last edited:
Try richie rich on here. he has the stuff & pricing is good.

Back