powervalve cleaning

fasttoys17 said:
so adjusting them flush with your finger will do more damage than good? when i had the pipe off the valves where all pretty close they needed a slight adjustment on every cylinder

so if i were to adjust it yamahas way now would i find that the adjustment would be off?
What i;m saying is that useing the flush meathode get's the cables overly tight, doing it yammies whay gives you(the cable) some free play so it's
not pulling so hard on the pv end.

i would go back and re-do it using yamaha's way(2.5mm)
http://www.totallyamaha.net/forums/showpost.php?p=244119&postcount=2

but IMO yamaha states there procedure in there manual to do this a certain way and i think it's the best, they should know they designed this motor. and if done correctly it WILL be right...:)

oh i agree im not doubting you by any means. i will take another look at it sometime this week. I wonder if now that they are adjusted flush if they will be far off if done the yamaha way now

fasttoys17 said:
oh i agree im not doubting you by any means. i will take another look at it sometime this week. I wonder if now that they are adjusted flush if they will be far off if done the yamaha way now
No they will be close...... but what you'll find is more slack in the cable
and it takes less time, no need to pull all the dang pipes off then put 'em
alllll back on.

i did a test last year with my pv's i did it both ways and yamaha's way was
perfect alignment in the exh. port with just a little "free play" in the valve.

and like i said no need to pull the damn pipes and manifolds off, what a PITA.

you can leave them if you want i'm not trying to tell you what to
do just what i've found out by working on 'em. :)

im gonna try it this way and if something breaks i will blame ulmer LOL :na
i would think that if the powervalve gets hung up from carbon buildup then i would think there would be problems

maybe its just a mind game but holy crap i was able to get the viper out today and wow it runs like a champ. man that sled amazes me everytime i get on it.

tedgoesfast said:
my freinds has electric start he just had to turn key on and it works the power valve solinoid
Ok...

what are you saying? they still need to be physically pull out and cleaned then adjusted..

my nieghbor just bought a 2000 SXR600(nice sled) i had the viper out and i asked if he wanted to ride it, i let him take it around the field by my house he comes back holy crap that thing is fricken fast. ;)! he likes my 2 inch riser, he said he will prolly get one of those.

just puts a smile on my face everytime. LET IT FRICKN SNOW ALREADY :letitsnow

Back