Help ID'ing pipes please!

Classic SRX

Anyone recognize these? For sale locally through Kijiji. Advertised as being for EX570, but he says they'll also work on PZ??? They exit through the side panel, not the stock hole in the belly pan. Anyone help me here?

Attachments

• EX pipes 1.jpg
    EX pipes 1.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 7
  • EX pipes 2.jpg
    EX pipes 2.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 3
  • EX pipes 3.jpg
    EX pipes 3.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 2

They look like the PSI twin pipes I've got on my EX570 SX. As far as I know, they should work on a phazer also. Mine exit through the stock hole though. I don't know what the tunning spec's are, mine were on the sled when I bought it.

They look like PSI's to me too, but all the other sets I've seen have their logo stamped/embossed right on the pipe. Anybody do a knock-off of PSI's designs? I was also skeptical of the same set of pipes being used on both the EX and PZ. With stock pipe, the EX makes max power at about 7250 RPM and the PZ at about 6750 RPM - looks like too much of a difference to share a common pipe to me. But when I look back at a couple of old DynoTech's, both engines make peak power at about 7750 RPM with PSI twins. Could it be possible they can run the same pipes - only 84 cc's in the difference - not much difference in volume - same RPM's??? Anyone else care to weigh in on this?

A.

they do look like psi pipes for a ex570 , but i don't think they would work properly on a pz because the ex is a piston port engine and the pz is a reed engine.

Back