Newer skid on 87 phazer...who did it.

Nicko

Argentino Loco
I'm thinking on putting a different skid on my 87 phazer either 121 and extensions or go for the 136 from the go.....
I was wondering who did something like this and how tuff would it be.
What would you guys recomend...
I want to go with a yamaha skid but other options are open.....(year ? cat ? doo ? polaris ?)

I don't want to spend a fortune....

Post some pics guys if you want....

Thanks

Nick

:bump:

Anybody guys..?

I heard the only thing I need is to measure from the drivers to the first hole and drill my tunnel where that is and then measure the original tunel and drill the second pair of holes......? True...?

I asked the same question last year and also recieved very little feed back. Somebody said that Hartman used to have extensions for the 116 to make it 121.

acfd3ctn2.jpg

dd3ma3.jpg

pic08yo2.jpg

HOPE THIS GIVES YOU SOME IDEA....NOT HARD AT ALL TO PUT IN ANY 121" SKID....JUST TAKES SOME PLANNING!

That first oneis sweet....Yep that was good to see. I'm planning on a srx skid for the phazer.....and then put 136 extension on it.....Will see, I'm just not sure about the new holes and stuff....

I'm going to attept to do the same thing to my 93 exciter sx, but I've already got another 93 exciter long track to take parts from. I was wondering how to attach a tunnel extension over the new skid.

i was thinking about doing some thing like this with a 95 vmax but was unsure if there is a way to get more travel out of the front struts so it doesn't look like it's doing a nose dive i want more travel all the way around

ace16a said:
I'm going to attept to do the same thing to my 93 exciter sx, but I've already got another 93 exciter long track to take parts from. I was wondering how to attach a tunnel extension over the new skid.

Not sure since I haven't done it yet but I'm thinking you haveto take the seat atacht the new ext tunnel and put back the seat...that is What I did on my 99 anyways....

You should remove the seat to put the tunnel extension on. Here is mine that I did 4 years ago. I am getting ready to put a 144 or 151 undre it now. I am just waiting for the new skis and bushing kit for the front end. I am also changing to 8 tooth drivers along with going to a U cooler and removing all the stock coolers on it.

Attachments

• 88 Exciter.jpg
    88 Exciter.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 14
nightmanx1 said:
You should remove the seat to put the tunnel extension on. Here is mine that I did 4 years ago. I am getting ready to put a 144 or 151 undre it now. I am just waiting for the new skis and bushing kit for the front end. I am also changing to 8 tooth drivers along with going to a U cooler and removing all the stock coolers on it.

If you are getting a new skid would you consider selling that one and track to me....

Thanks

Nick

Nope it is going to be going on a Vmax 4 800 that is in the garage in a few boxs. I was tempted to put the engine in the Exciter and have some fun with people but desided not to waist a good sled that just needs to be put together. And I did not want to spend the time when I can be driniking beer and fishing during the summer.

Could you post some more pics of the extension? Are you still able to lift the rear of the snowmobile from the extension?

I can lift the sled off the grownd with the rear bumper. I bent one of them to match the tunnel and the second to fit inside the tunnel to be a doubler to conect the 2 the tunnel and bugget pice together. If you look at the photo you will see a row of scwerws behind the seat and there is one more row under the seat. As for the snow flap I just driled out the rivets and moved it back. As for the bumper I cut it, put a tube inside and found a chunk of tubing for the outside of it and the length I needed. Then had it all TIG welded back together. I kept the original mounts on the tunnel.

I hope the photos help.

Attachments

• Extension.JPG
    Extension.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Bumper.JPG
    Bumper.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Thanks for the add'l pics. I don't see the heat exchanger under there though. Did you relocate it somewhere else or just not use one back there?

Thanks for all the info. I'll probably wait till spring before doing the swap. I'm pretty good at TIG welding so I'll probably just modify the stock cooler or make something of my own. Thanks again.

Back