Exhaust deflector???

RIVERRUNNER

I have a 99 srx and I would like to put a exhaust deflector like the one that is on the mountains. Can you tell me the dimensions of these that are on your sled??? How far does it stick down off the bell pan and what is the width?? How much of the exhaust does it cover?? Also, if you got one laying around
p.m me
Thanks

I was looking through the micro fiche on port yamaha and I can't tell but I think that the exhaust dtors are 2 pieces? Can anyone confirm this??
Let me know!!!
I was looking at a pic of a 2002 mountain max 700...It looks as if there is a snow deflector and a bent metal piece that is closer to the muffler or under the deflector..... I am wondering if I need both or just the deflector.
thanks rob

Last edited:
I don't know if it's the same exact thing but I have one I just bought and put on mine and it's just one piece with 4 rivets in it.

I just looked at that closer, on mine all I have is the smaller piece, the part they call the frame protector, the one you're looking at is 2 pieces though and number 77 is the piece I have (frame protector), piece 96 (exhaust protector) I don't have.

Mine is just one piece, 4 rivets holding it on...tho i bolted it on since the rivets ripped out and I lost the original one.

order one from 03 t0 05 mnt viper. shows a two piece, deflector on outside of bellypan, backer on inside. order outside piece only, locate over exhaust outlet, rivet through bellypan using back washers on the rivets. did this on three sleds so far and no problems. sorry, no pt #'s, but its on the fische. hard to find on the fische, but its there. not on the exhaust page. part is like $10. cant mess with it for that. hope this helps.

UPDATE: try these pt #'s at your local dealer. 8ED-2194H-00-00, or 8EN-2194H-00-00. if memory serves correctly, the 8EN pt has a larger diameter outlet for more simplistic install.

I put one on mine a couple of years ago. I just used the outside deflector. After putting it on I no longer fouled plugs when leaning the exhaust side into the snow. works great you will love it.

Back