Changing brake master cylinder after raising the bars

MSRXRider

I raised my handle bars 8" so my parking brake cable is to short. Does anybody know if a Artic cat master cylinder brake lever assembly would fit on a 98 SRX or any other brand for that matter from polaris or Ski-don'ts. The artic cat has a little lever that keeps the brake lever on. Like some 4 wheeler models. :letitsnow

Last edited:

That's what i have on my mm. A willwood master cylinder off a cat m-1. I cut the parking lever (top) portion off the yammy bar bracket allowing me to keep my hi/lo button, works fine with the cat half of the bar mount. The threads are different from yamaha but any hydraulic hose shop should be able to adapt it over so you can use a standard yamaha style extended hose. Another option would be to use the MPI weightless parking brake conversion, but the cat lever etc. is considerably lighter and I had it laying around so it was cheap.

Super cheap (did this to my sled) is to drill a small hole in the lever and stick a cotter pin in it when you want an e brake. Brake holds fine and costs about a dime plus a little time.

MSRXRider said:
What year cat m-1? I looked at the MPI way to spendy for me.

Not sure exactly but I am willing to bet that the m-1 and other m sleds (m5, m6, m7, etc.) are the same and maybe the f sleds too. Cat mountain bars are a popular upgrade so I'm sure you could find the brake on snowest for cheap from a take-off.

I'll check in to snowest and the cotter pin trick. I want to start getting it ready for this winter soon.

Back