Snow In Gaylord

SX700triple said:
yeah its about six hours 5 1/2 if you hustle lol.

just do your hustling in WI.

the Mi police like to bust us 'Sconnies for speeding.

also, turn your healights on in the truck, even in daylight, that keeps them away as well.

JT, you will get your snow in Negaunee, I am suprised you got missed in the first round.

I have never sledded up in the UP, but I have gone to the all of the ski hills for boarding.

I always get jealous while at marquette and Indianhead & i see sleds on the trail.

kyle3201 said:
Bushman and ViperTom glad to see you both are still alive!!

Still alive and kicking!!!!!!

We are still getting pounded with snow...at least 6" inches since this morning and no end in sight. Weather service is calling for 6-10" tomorrow as well with blowing and drifting. Theres already 18" snow drifts!!!!!
Tom

ViperTom said:
Still alive and kicking!!!!!!

We are still getting pounded with snow...at least 6" inches since this morning and no end in sight. Weather service is calling for 6-10" tomorrow as well with blowing and drifting. Theres already 18" snow drifts!!!!!
Tom

WAHOO!!!!!! Still snowin here too, Just not getting what you are getting. God I hope this winter is better than the last few :)

VenomMod said:
We're just getting hammered with snow and more is coming. Sleds far from being fixed, it's starting to be a real pisser. If this keeps up, there should be plenty of snow for the Houghton TY Ride.

Just got off the phone with my kid. He was saying that you guys got pounded. We are still getting cheated here. Last year the whole year was that way. Hardly rode my sled. Sure hope it is better this year. Not a fan of traveling to ride. If I have to travel to ride I can think of much nicer places than here to live.

I plan on getting gas in the sleds later today. Still enough snow/ice on my alley that I can do a couple hot laps with the Viper. Probably take the VMax out for a bit too. Just enough to remind the neighbors how I felt about their kids going up and down the alley all summer long in their little go cart and mini bike. :)

VenomMod said:
24" of snow just outside of Houghton in South Range we measured at 3pm today.

Damn, I just checked again & still got 5"-6" on the flat. It's getting real cold so should be a fun drive home.

VenomMod said:
24" of snow just outside of Houghton in South Range we measured at 3pm today.

How soon will you have your sled together? I have mine in the trailer. :) Buddy of mine was over yesterday talking about a road trip to ontonagon. Sure would be nice to get out for a while. Sounds like we get our chance for some more snow today. Scored the kid a lift ticket yesterday. He does the snowboard thing and is probably getting excited about that.

Still have to send my crank out. Not being lazy, funds are still insufficient at this point. I plan on sending it out this week down to CB Performance. Once back she'll be right together (Thank God for those lovely school loans, LOL). They did groom last night starting at midnight. I'm not sure how much they groomed. I'll definitely get hold of ya for some riding.

Last edited:
Bushman,

Where do you work in Indian river? DId they get any snow in Saint Ignace last night?

I saw the big storm system coming from the west.

We got at least 6" since 6:00 pm today and its still coming down. Its really blowing and drifting as well. There has to be 15-18" on the ground by now!!!!

Tom

tomseal6 said:
Bushman,

Where do you work in Indian river? DId they get any snow in Saint Ignace last night?

I saw the big storm system coming from the west.

Tom I work in Boyne City, The drive in this morning from Indian River was crazy. We got SNOW & it has not slowed down yet today. I was in Cheboygan yesterday plowing & they had 10"+ or so & guessing Saint Iggy got it too. Good heavy/wet snow to make a nice base....... This may be the year for good riding in the lower.

Newberry area is getting it good too. I took a ride in my truck this past Friday north and west of town. There was enough fluff on the roads up by Belle Lake that I had to turn around for fear of getting stuck. Snow was coming up over the hood of my Tacoma. On the level there was 16-20" on the ground (Friday afternoon). Since then, we have gotten another foot or more.

YooperMike said:
Newberry area is getting it good too. I took a ride in my truck this past Friday north and west of town. There was enough fluff on the roads up by Belle Lake that I had to turn around for fear of getting stuck. Snow was coming up over the hood of my Tacoma. On the level there was 16-20" on the ground (Friday afternoon). Since then, we have gotten another foot or more.

Know of any electrical engineering jobs up there?

Back