What motors could i fit into it without too much problems? Exciter II SX 570

fish6107

I have a Exciter II SX and the motor is blown cyls and pistions gone. So i am at the point tring to figure out what to do. What motors could i get that would fit into it that would have the same or greater preformance. Basicly if i am going to swap a motor i just don't want to ride it and feel like it is missing something that it used to have BUT if it has more then HECK ya i won't complain about that. Also if any one has a motor that would fix the criteria for sale pls let me know.

One new cyl 8AY $200, if I was going to change the motor, the easiest thing to do is drop a 600 twin in it. Been there done that, bolts right in, you have a clearance issue with the air box because of the reeds but it will fit, did 2 or 3 of them. Find a set of psi low rpm twins for an Exciter, put them on the 600 twin, runs great.

800 said:
One new cyl 8AY $200, if I was going to change the motor, the easiest thing to do is drop a 600 twin in it. Been there done that, bolts right in, you have a clearance issue with the air box because of the reeds but it will fit, did 2 or 3 of them. Find a set of psi low rpm twins for an Exciter, put them on the 600 twin, runs great.

Do you have 1 or more cyls? I would perfer to get 2.

go to the forums page pik the section your question fits and qlickey on the new thread sign in the upper left I think

Guy here is a phazer with a 583 rotax installed......so I will bet you could get a 617 0r 670 installed in your EX......I know I might get flamed since its a rotax motor....but the 500/600 twins were not that high in the HP compared to the other 3 big ones...probably the best motor was the 93 sx compared to the vmax 600 twin motor..

watch

You don't want to play that game, I worked on that sled and my friend has "months" of time doing that conversion. The easiest swap is the 94-6 600 twin, bolts in.

yeah if you dont have the know how sure do a direct swap.....but where thee fun in that.

800 said:
You don't want to play that game, I worked on that sled and my friend has "months" of time doing that conversion. The easiest swap is the 94-6 600 twin, bolts in.

Back