Drop brakets pics...

Coles_55

Drop brackets pics...

Here ya go, its the best I could do for ya Bruce...

Attachments

• sled 007 (Small).jpg
    sled 007 (Small).jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 8
  • sled 008 (Small).jpg
    sled 008 (Small).jpg
    32 KB · Views: 13
  • sled 009 (Small).jpg
    sled 009 (Small).jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 11
  • sled 010 (Small).jpg
    sled 010 (Small).jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 10
  • sled 011 (Small).jpg
    sled 011 (Small).jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

I installed the brackets to on my 2002 viper and I don't know what I did wrong but the suspension is a rock. I put the center bolts back in the stock location and it is hard put I can still compress the suspension almost all the way down, what did I do wrong? I drilled the center holes 1/2 of the that the rear drop bracket was put. I kinda wish that they would have included some actual instructions on these brackets.....my tunnel is turning into swiss chesse!

viper48 said:
I installed the brackets to on my 2002 viper and I don't know what I did wrong but the suspension is a rock. I put the center bolts back in the stock location and it is hard put I can still compress the suspension almost all the way down, what did I do wrong? I drilled the center holes 1/2 of the that the rear drop bracket was put. I kinda wish that they would have included some actual instructions on these brackets.....my tunnel is turning into swiss chesse!

really? Did you go with the 2.5" or 3.5" setting? Are both center holes peferectly the same distance from the original mounting holes? According to Bruce, the center hole shoulde be 1.25" or 1.75" from the original. I was about to order a set, but I may wait now.

Last edited:
if someone is looking for a set i have a brand new set right here in the box from bruce just make me an offer

ajviper said:
really? Did you go with the 2.5" or 3.5" setting? Are both center holes peferectly the same distance from the original mounting holes? According to Bruce, the center hole shoulde be 1.25" or 1.75" from the original. I was about to order a set, but I may wait now.

I am running the 2.5" hole. My center holes are pretty darn close I think. I am really mad that I threw away my stock rear brackets because I am seriously considering taking back to stock.....Like I said I have the center bolts in the stock position now and when my transfer rods stop when I push down on the suspension it is hard as a rock "BUT" I can still compress the suspension past the transfer rods. The center holes I drilled 1.25" below the stock holes. I have not ridden it yet as I am about 125 miles away from where I keep it. The only thing that I can think of is that my center holes are not perfectly aligned but I remeasured and they are dead nuts on. The only thing that I can try is to take some spring out of the rear shock and put that rider weight setting on soft(it is on fat rider now) and see if that will soften the ride with the rear at 2.5" and the center bolt in the stock location.

2ooosrx said:
Hey guys, we are kind of occupied at the moment but in about a week I will make sure to create some detailed instructions for the drop bracket installation. Sorry for any innconvience.
That would be much appreciated. I am at my wits end!

viper48 said:
I am running the 2.5" hole. My center holes are pretty darn close I think. I am really mad that I threw away my stock rear brackets because I am seriously considering taking back to stock.....Like I said I have the center bolts in the stock position now and when my transfer rods stop when I push down on the suspension it is hard as a rock "BUT" I can still compress the suspension past the transfer rods. The center holes I drilled 1.25" below the stock holes. I have not ridden it yet as I am about 125 miles away from where I keep it. The only thing that I can think of is that my center holes are not perfectly aligned but I remeasured and they are dead nuts on. The only thing that I can try is to take some spring out of the rear shock and put that rider weight setting on soft(it is on fat rider now) and see if that will soften the ride with the rear at 2.5" and the center bolt in the stock location.

There's got to be something wrong... there are several other viper owners on here that installed the brackets without any issues.

ajviper said:
There's got to be something wrong... there are several other viper owners on here that installed the brackets without any issues.
Yeah I hear ya! Having put on a 136" bracket extension should not affect anything should it? I have done alot of reading about these drop brackets and a few people have had the same problems I am having. I guess I will see if Bruce came maybe help out.....

No affect at all, like I said post some pictures of what you got and maybe we can help you from there...

coles 55

You have a set in your ride, for do you like it? Is it tipy? Does it ride the same? I have a srx with a viper 136 conversion in it but I'm a little aggressive in the trails so a little in the air on making it taller. Any feed back would be great bud.

Thanks Regert

I love it so far, I am balls to the wal lin to corners and its not as tippy as I was use to on my 96 so I love it!!

nevermind, got it. The suspension is going to act a LITTLE different when you're trying to compress it, being that the attack angle of the skid is a little different than stock. The attack angle is more comparable to a mountain max now that the brackets are in

Back