144" skid on a Viper chasis

Viper_Jim

I'm going to be starting a project soon to install a 144" skid from an 03 Mtn Viper into my 04 stock 121" Viper.

I'm getting all the necessary brackets and tunnel extension parts, my question is, how do I know howto place the holes for the longer skid? Is there a template available? I've never attempet anything like this before...

I know many of you have done this so your input would be great, thanks

I have a Viper Mtn Tunnel hanging in the shop if you would like me to measure it.

Wow! This is funny because I bet the tunnel Ding has in his shop could be the one I sold him about 4 years ago. Now I'm probably going to be sending Viper Jim the 144" parts that he's looking for. Just seems like a coincidence.

mountain_mod_viper said:
Wow! This is funny because I bet the tunnel Ding has in his shop could be the one I sold him about 4 years ago. Now I'm probably going to be sending Viper Jim the 144" parts that he's looking for. Just seems like a coincidence.

lol...I guess you could say its a small world

mountain_mod_viper said:
I told you I was slow . . .

Got the measurements, but something doesn't add up. I better check my measurements again. Anyway I was putting together a simple MS Paint Drawing and the measurements

Here is what I have so far . . .

I have to go out for a while but will remeasure when I get back . . .

EDIT: I have re-measured and made some adjustments . . .

Also you may want to see the Hartman site here http://www.hartmaninc.com/track_kit_installation.html

Be aware that your installation varies a bit from theirs.

Attachments

• Viper Mtn Tunnel Measurements.GIF
    Viper Mtn Tunnel Measurements.GIF
    4.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Back