Horsepower on 700

gbic1

Just wondering what the horsepower on 1998 Vmax 700 sx triple is. How much difference with triple pipes?

I think it is something like 95. With the pipes it is 100. The Rx-1 is the answer

the redhead 700 triple motor is 109-112 horse power (ive been told)....and most pipes out there for that motor gains +25hp (bender,slp) so you would be seeing 134-137 horsepower with the pipes.

With pipes they yield an honest 130. I have seen dyno sheets after many dollars and work that have yielded 150hp@sea level.

venture700 said:
the redhead 700 triple motor is 109-112 horse power (ive been told)....and most pipes out there for that motor gains +25hp (bender,slp) so you would be seeing 134-137 horsepower with the pipes.
That seems like alot of HP...:| is that at the track or at the motor?

My supersport 750cc sport bike only made 125 at the rear wheel!

by comparison, how much does a 600 twin make?

About 110 hp is correct. I had one ( 97 ) and put Power Inc pipes on it. What a differance, totally woke the sled up.I miss that sled so light and nimble until it got stolen. Rrrrrr

110 hp stock is correct and about 130 ish with pipes. A well tuned red head 700 piped and ported will hit about 150hp. Lets remember that all the HP wont get you too far if it is not transfered to the ground. I have seen a very well tunes 98 700 red head beat a bone stock srx. The old 98 hit 122 on the radar...this guy manufactured his own weights, cut his own helix, had it piped with other secrets he will not tell me.

OK if the motor has a 110hp stock rating, and you put on a set of pipes that has a 25-27hp increase, HOW is it only 130 hp????????? That quick caveman math just isn't adding up to me!!!

most pipe companies claim a little more HP then most people actually get out of them.
If you are an avide tuner can can make the 25 extra HP. I am talking average person and what is acheived.

I don't think any of the pipes actually made the advertised horsepower on a real on the snow trailable sled - just cause it dynos pretty doesn't mean that's what it will do on the snow.

Piped, ported, and such they are good for 140-150 depending on the dyno and the pipes/aggressiveness of the port job. Some of them make a little better power than the others, but most of them are within a horse or 4 of one another.

The PI Center dumps were the lowest power producers and will not flow on a ported motor but otherwise the differences are mostly in where in the rpm range they make their power.

notice in my post I said 130ish hp. Jetted just right, carbs set just right, clutched right you will get more, closer to 135 to 140. It really all depends on your tuning ability.

So what power did the center dumps actually make, everyone says they were the worst yet nobody actually knows what they made. Ran at 8000 vs 8800 for all the other pipes, probably made more torque than the rest.

Back