Kingers garage RX1-Pex DONE...long diary inside

Funny you say that.. I feel the same about the ZX2 in my SRX. It really changed the sled and I absolutely love riding it. The handling is exceptional and always feels in control. Weight transfer is just right. I hope to see what top end is like this weekend. I just haven't had good snow to see if I lost anything on top. Have you had a chance to check top end on yours?

Yep I gained back almost 10 mph off the bottle! Was toping out at 100 and hit 110 last weekend. Freaking awesome! It almost eliminated the engine braking it just rolls and rolls when coming to stop signs.

How did you finally get yours dialed in? I know there some issues with the 'low boys' on that skid. Would love to have a 144 srx with the ZX2 for ditchin' and this one for trails

Well we put on a few hundred more miles this weekend. I have settled in at 2-5 on the revolver and springs set @ 3. I was at 1-5 and the studder bumps were somewhat harsh.. I actually went to 2-5 to have some fun with the weight transfer and found it greatly improved the ride in the small stuff. We have to run @ the 5 setting because of our chassis, so no adjustment there. I had tried springs at 2 and it was too soft and gave me inside ski lift. @ 3 it was a lot better, but I still had some inside ski lift. When I changed the transfer it also greatly improved the ski lift. I am thrilled with the skid now. Handling is just exceptional. I will probably send the shocks out for a re-valve in the off season for a little softer ride, but all in all it's a blast.

End of season closer, no issues 1800 miles. I never turned a wrench after firing it up the 2nd time. Gas and go all winter long, never even opened the hood between trips one was over 610 miles in 3 days. So nice to have a sled I can truly trust again and one that rides like no other I have ridden in years past. I hesitate to add up the dollars on this project but it was all worth it. LOVE IT! Thanks again!

UPDATE: July 4th weekend, getting antcy I went to check on the sled and fired her up and she just sat there and purred, no leaks while it was sitting for almost 5 months, and she is begging for more this season. Man I love this sled....

New additions to the sled this year will be very minor:

-excell single exhaust
-another 2" bar risor from rox pivot risor in addtion to my 2" iso vibe
-Yamaha factory silver/blk hand guards
-Nytro low black windshield MAYBE the tall clear one was soooo nice last year on a cold trip, we'll see how the stocker looks with the hand guards
-Reduce nitrous shot to 40hp
-adjust needle jet to get rid of lean pop at 4500 rpm

Happy rest of the summer everyone!

Here are a few of the engine & air set up...I don't think I had any pics of the the mod I did on the the trail...

Attachments

• Oct01018 (Small).JPG
    Oct01018 (Small).JPG
    62 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_0262 (Small).JPG
    100_0262 (Small).JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 100_0250 (Small).JPG
    100_0250 (Small).JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Oct01018.JPG
    Oct01018.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 12
UPDATE 12-14-08

Got the sled back in the shop again and did some maint. Changed the oil, re-checked most bolts for proper TQ, checked HY fax wear, Ski and wear bar wear. Everything turned out great!

Lots of picts of my added LEDs, hand guards and new windshield. Makes the sled look like a 4 cyl nytro now LOL!!

:bling:

Back