gutting the air box on a srx 700

i have mine gutted and the cold air kit.....jetted 4 sizes over stock been like this since just about new....don't know if it really improved anything.....

Leave it alone. You can cut another slot out of the top shelf, but leave the shelf in there. If you're running on the ice, take out the foam. Other than that, leave the airbox in tact. The only time you should be removing that shelf is if you are running 38mm carbs.

you can open up the top and even run the cold air kit but just run the seperator plate/baffle in the middle, this will keep your jetting baselined and not jumping all over with slight temp changes, plus the noise the gutted boxs give off are awfull sounds like a quadra jet carb from a 70's car....

so run the seportator plate shelf with the 3 pipes that look like they go down and put the divders back in am i following this right...

you can leave the dividers out, but yes, put the shelf with the cones back in with no mods to the shelf.

can i leave the top open with the 2 1 inch or so wide slits in it??? this shouldnt affect my jetting much.....then jet back to 1 size larger then stock for the cold air kit??

Back