25 years of riding blue

mod-it

It's five-something in the morning, just got off work and am really bored, so I guess this is mostly why I'm writing this, lol.

This season will be my 25th year of sleddin. My uncle took me for the first time when I was 9 years old, been riding every year since. It was so cool having an uncle that provided a sled for me to ride, partner to ride with, and of course a way to get to the snow. Believe it or not, I didn't actually buy my own first sled until i was about 24 years old. All the sleds I rode were either my aunt or uncle's sleds. Started out riding a 340 Enticer. After that it was an 85 Phazer with a PSI pipe on it, that thing ran pretty good. The next sled was my favorite, up until the SRX anyway, and I'm still very partial to them. It was an 88 Exciter that had a PSI pipe, flat slide Mikuni's, ported, and a Polaris primary. The first couple years this sled was far and away THE sled of the area. I remember spending whole days out drag racing everyone, and due to the sled being so fast and my only weighing about a buck-0-five, I beat everything that ran against it. After that was a V-max 600 with a 136". It didn't pull near as well as the Exciter until he put twins on it. Then came the 98 SRX 700 Mnt. I finally bought my first sled, a 93 Exciter II SX. After that I bought my current sled brand new in the fall of 02, which is my 03 Viper Mnt. I've been addicted to sleddin' since he first took me. He currently has an 02 Viper with Benders on it and an 1-1/2 inch paddle, and his son has his old 98 SRX. You would think I would be a wizard when it came to Yammies, but the damn things are so dependable I've never really had to work on them other than routine stuff like cleaning clutches, carbs, etc. I've had several friends ask me why I don't try any other brands of sleds...gee, I wonder. Well, I'm done rambling. Everyone enjoy sleddin with family and friends this year!

Ive been riding 22 years , since i was 11 . been on evrything from clunker moto-skis ,john deeres and just about every thing else you can imagine . ive had Polaris , Artic cat , Ski-doo , you name it !
Now that i can afford it i ride quality because theres nothing worse than wrenching to ride !
My lasty 4 sleds have been Yammis and im not looking back .
LONG LIVE BLUE ! ,
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY !

been riding since 1980, first sled was a '75ish Suzuki 360,what a piece
of chit!!!!!! ride 30 min's wench 2 hours...

got my first yammie in 1981, SRV, nice clean sled back then,been blue
ever since, never looked back.

Great story Mod-It!!
Ive been riding for 35 years, started when I was 5.
I remember having to look around the side of the hood on our 70 ski doo(the old bubble hood) to see were I was going! For the longest time I wasnt sure if my memory wasnt playing tricks on me.Then my mom told the story of my Dad coming in the house,It took her a few minutes when she realized she could still hear the snowmobile running around the yard!! :eek:

Local dealer was and still is a good friend. He sold SkiDoo so thats what I rode. first on was a 75 TNT 440. Very exciting sled to ride. Hurt myself a lot of times with it. Had some 340's and a couple of 368's and a 500. In 1986 I destroyed a Doo in Y'stone and rented a Phaser. Loved it and owned 3 in a row, crashed and destroyed 2 of them. Then a 92 exciter and in 93 bought the mountain sled of the year, an exciter 2 with a 136" track and a 3/4" full block track. Wow. How could they ever top that? On to a 1995 600 LT and then to a 1997 MM. Spent a few years changing everything possible on the 97 and then finally a 1998 mountain mod SRX. Bought my wife a 2000 MM which she still rides. That's it for me. I think this is my last year. Everything goes up for sale in the spring.

I've been riding since I was around 8, 1st sled was a 69 larson, 12.5 ski doo, 12.3 scoripion, 399 ski doo nordic and then my first yammer was the 78 440 exciter and the rest is history! I have enjoyed riding with my entire family, Now just me and the wife( Kids all gone) well almost. Been on many a different brand of sled but never came close to buying any other brand!
Merry Christmas to all!

I started riding when I was seven, it was 1979, family started with Sno-jet, Eskimos and Mercury. Dad bought first Yamaha in 1980 it was a 1978 Exciter 440, been blue ever since. Between the family we have had 17 yamaha snowmobiles, two outboards two ATV's and one 1978 Yamaha 650 XS street bike. ALL YAMAHA.

Last edited:

Back