track tension

M-Max

What is everyone leaving their track sag at when running extrovert drivers.
I am running about 1 inch. It still seems a little tight.

M-Max
If it is a new 151, leave it that way for awhile and let it sterch some, will probably wind up OK after.

i have my rear axle wheels adjusted all the way foward, i might be playing with fire but it seems to be working great i just hope i dont have any derailment problems.

mightymg said:
I run mine 2 inches wihtout anti ratchets, so at least 2 if not 2.5, you just need to test it..

Mine ratchets like MAD, track super tight, looks like the rear idlers are pushing thru the track. Going to order anti ratchets tomorrow

Lift the back of the sled up and spin the track by hand. Make a judgement as to how hard it is to turn with different track adjustments. You wont find any difference beyond 1.5" of sag. There's no sense in leaving it looser than that. You're only asking for derailment problems.

I readjusted to 2". Seems to spin a little easier
I will keep an eye for track stretch as it is a new
151". Off to the mountains this weekend to try it out.
I can't wait.
Everyone hope for a week of snow and blue bird blue for Sat.

I would run it as loose as possible. Without extros though you will ratchet. If you don't have extros, I would say loosen to the point of ratcheting and then tighten a turn. I ran like this for many trouble free miles. Not that it could never happen but I have never had a track derail.

I can't remember the exact numbers, but isn't it like 1.5 " of sag for 20 lbs on the center of the track when it is raised off the ground?

I think that is with stock drivers.
You can run extrovert drivers a lot looser.
Right now mine is at 2" sag with no pull.
Ran great yesterday.

i adjust for snow conditions. remember that a track "balloons" with no load on it(powder conditions). it will "grab"on hard pack or wet snow. loosen it till it rotates freely, carry the necessary tools and trail adjust per conditions. i start loose and adjust up from there. i do this on sleds with or without extroverts. put your sled on a stand and wick the throttle open and you will see the ballon effect. the track appears to grow when it pushes air. friction is lost horsepower. hope this helps.

just installed new track with anti ratchets @ 1-1/2 sag and rode sunday it started to ratchet under HEAVY loads I need to recheck sag?

I rode all weekend with 2" sag with no pull.
I have wahl extrovert drivers.
Mine have not skipped once no matter the snow conditions

Back