venture mountain questions

venture700

i recently made my 2003 venture 700 into a mountain snowmobile using hartmans 151'' 1999 mm update kit and im seeing 9300 rpm every time i run full throtle and when it was a venture it was alwase 9000 rpm. i went from 9 tooth to 8 tooth sprockets and kept my gears 22 top, 39 bottom. will this be a problem?........and another question. me and my buddy was racing then my machine just seized solid. i got the motor unstuck by pouring oil down the plug holes and rotating the clutch. then i found my problem. my oil cable came un hooked from the throtle and it wasnt getting any oil so i hooked it back up and it went on the first haul. i been using it for the last few weeks and its been perfect. shuld i look for any damage in the motor?

thanks...

you scuffed the cylinders with the oil unhooked. you can finish out the season if you want but it needs to be torn down very soon before it makes the damage worse.

try a new belt and clean and inspect your clutches. 9000rpm on a tripple sounds too high to me still.

clutch that thing...you are reving way too high. I would pull the head and check that cylinder in case it is salvagable

do a compression test to see what the real shape of the motor is after it seized up.

post numbers here, and hopefully you will be able to hear what a normal compression number set is for the 700 trips.

Depending on the numbers, and how they compare to stock, you may be able to finish the season up, but I would plan a rebuild sooner rather than later.

ill check my compression later today and post it. before the seize up i tested it and it was 130 psi on each head (i guess thats normal).......and yesterday i ran into another problem. my secondary or primary stays engaged when i let off the throtle and revs only around 500 rpm's almost stalling out. i cleaned out the primary but it looked all good. i really think the secondary is the problem. what shuld i check? by the way the sled has 16 000 kms and i never ever touched the clutch's.

thanks

replace primary spring for starters. the one in there is finished. double check rollers and bushings while you are in there. you have enough miles that they might need to be done.

DAMN!!!!! i think my redhead is done! i was riding around today and she started going on 2. i thought it was just the plug. but nope its something in the motor (middle piston). the bottom of my spark plug was hit by something and theres no gap anymore. anyone have a simalar problem? and how bad is the damage?

thanks.

Back