mm700 jetting questions

Newfoundlander

I have a mm 700 that i put bender triple pipes on I am at sea level to 2000 ft and temperatures to -20 C I am running 52.5 pilots 150 mains and needles at 3 I have to bring the fuel screws out to 2 from 1.5 because it seems to stumble a bit on the bottom. I have checked and searched the forums and was wondering what everyone was setting there needles at mine seems a little on the lean side and was wondering if I should bump up the main a bit. Most of the time here we are at about -5C to -10 C during the winter months but can dip to -20 C a few times a year during the night according to the bender setup it should be good for -18C but I would appreciate some input from some of you that have used this setup for a while.
Thanks

I put Benders on my 700 last year, and it did the same thing on the bottom end. A few weeks ago I raised the needles by half and it made a big difference. Got rid of that stumble from engagement to 5000rpm. I'm running pretty rich right now 55 pilots, 152.5 mains. Elevation 2500 ft. Going to the mountains tomorrow, let you know how it works up high.

I'm running the fuel screws at 1 3/4 turn out. There was 2 feet of fresh powder up high and not a track to be seen, great day of riding. I was running the Vari-flo at the leanest setting but it was still rich(-10c). The stumble was gone and didn't show up at higher elevations. Last year if I was riding at part throttle and then went to wide open it would almost die. Yesterday when I did that it just took off, no bog and sounded sweet.

I ran the 52.5 at 2 yesterday way to rich loaded plugs right away I'm going to drop the pilot back to 50's and try it at 2 turns I am thinking that should work. When I took the plugs out yesterday running 52.5 at 1.5 it was too rich also. how big a difference is there between 50's at 2 turns and 52.5 at 1.5 thanks I guess I didn't run the sled long enough with the 52.5's at 1.5 when I changed from the 50's at 1.5 to get a correct plug reading

Back