Fuel milage for a Benderpiped Sx700/MM700 etc?

Robster

Just got back from my first ride with my newly Benderpiped (and clutched according to TURKs spec) MM700. It was about 20" of powder and we had a blast. 99% boondocking and rpms around 5-7000 for the most of the time. The track felt like it spinned some all the time (not much but some) and I only got 140 km before I totally went out of gas 250 meters from the truck... Had to get towed the last bit by a Po..... and that hurt my friends!

Before piping and clutching I would have gotten at least 200 km with the same riding and everything else.

Now I am curious about how much kilometers I can expect from a full tank (47 litres in mine). I was expecting that fuelconsumption would increase from my normal 1,8 litres/ 10 kilometers to maybe 2,2-2,5 litres/10 kilometers, but not to 3,3 litres/ 10 kilometers! Help me out now and let me know what you get.

I run the jetting as Bender says 0-3000 ft. Supercrisp on throttle above 3000 rpm, but a bit slow (runs fat) below that. What should I do to change that? Lower the needle 1 clip? Turn in the fuelscrew (1,5 out now)? Change pilot?

I have the same thread on the Sx/SXR talk, but I want answers from the maximum people so I hope it is ok. Or maybe a admin can link them together so that this message is visible on both talks. // Thanks Rob

//Rob

From my experience with the triple yamaha motors as soon as you start messing with them the fuel consumption goes up. I run a 151 track, reeds, spacers, cleaned out airbox, and a rumble pack exhaust can. I am lucky if I can get 60 to 65 miles or around 150 km , the snow conditions have a huge impact on my fuel economy. Pinning the throttle wide open has a lot to do with it also. Where I ride in Oregon theres a lot of wide open hill climb runs!

Last edited:

Back