Sudbury Police looking for Water jumper who posted Vid on youtube

moss

Website
www.youtube.com
Has anyone seen this? A guy posted a vid of himself up on Youtube attempting to jump some open water with his brand new Polaris Fusion, sled sank, he got out, no problems, his buddy made it over, and now the police are looking for him, to press charges......Hell I didn't even know it was illegal to cross open water??

The Video is now off Youtube.......here is a link to the Police site.

http://www.police.sudbury.on.ca/ind...ull&id=1199817997&archive=&start_from=&ucat=1

Bummer for him. He sank his sled and the police know what he looks like...
its highly illegal to cross open water on a sled. It's dangerous and pollutes the water with all the unburned fuel and oil coming out of the exhaust and washing out from your belly pan, especialy if u end up swimming

LOL. That is in my area, and I never even heard anything about it. I just tried to watch the video, and it has been removed by the user. Up here in the Sudbury area, it is a careless driving charge if you are caught crossing open water.

Skidooslayer687 said:
really??? i never knew that either... lol definately a good thing to know though
well just make sure you don't put it up on Youtube if you do decide to do some water jumping!!

Dave_Vmax600 said:
that is stupid....

cops got nothing better to do?

put the rescue divers at risk??? THEN WHY DID YOU CHOOSE THAT JOB!
Yah It seems like a waste of the cops resources....I am guessing they simply want to make an example of him.

I seen the original Video, and he swam to the side, and was in water to his waist and climbed out...and there was about 10 people around, so there would have been no way that rescue would have ever been needed.

There is a place called Bauer's Dam in Wisconsin, where I think you can get a t-shirt that says you crossed the open water right behind the bar. People are always doing it. Wonder if it's legal there?

What happens if you're going across a lake and hit some open water? Just let off and sink, or get on it and live??? Are you breaking the law then???

water crossing

I see it's more important to find someone who crosses water on a snowmachine than to find someone who just broke into your car or house, nice to see again where our tax dollars are going. I guess it was easier for them just to watch the video like everybody else and we'll do the work for them find out how hard they work if there is a break in to your vehicle.

the problem is there are people that look for the open water and cross back and forth for excitement and entertainment. We have had a lot of water rescues because of these people. There are places that sleders know is open water all year then just avoide those places. If you are crossing a lake and hit open water not knowing they wont do anything about that. We often has citizens that live on the lakes complain that sleders are running open water back and forth and that is dangerous.

I been to Bauers Dam (got pictures as you can see)
tee's and hats read "I shot the water at Bauer's Dam"
I beleive they took down all the stuff in the bar years ago when someone got hurt,
they sent us the picture back that was up on their wall. I dont know for sure but heard they were afraid od a lawsuit, for promoting crossing the water

There's an open spot on the Lake in Curtis in the UP, I crossed this with a bunch of buddies and several others and the cops just watched us play in it all day. Water was only knee deep to waist deep. It was fun for that day, but don't ever plan on riding across water again. Too many risks with dumping a sled I've spent a lot of time building up, and the environmental concerns along with it.

Well I guess if it's illegal it's illegal! I could see that if they would have to do a rescue or something then it becomes a risk to others as well as the risk to the environment. That's why they invented jetskis! Get your kicks in the summer. There really is no need to be purposely crossing open water back and forth with your sled in the winter! But then why isn't climbing to mount everest illegal also? I mean they've had to do some pretty good rescues there too... What about skiing down those hills with rocks and that. Pretty dangerous and stupid stuff, but it's not illegal! I really don't know about this one!

the cops need to find something better to "waste" their time on....

AFAIK, water crossing isnt illegal in WI at least. But if you do drop your sled in, you get fined for contamination if you do not get it out before the dnr/ cops find out.

Yup highly illegial.

If the cops find out you sank your sled in a river or lake in ontario. They will call ministry of natural resources and you will be fined around $50 a day until the sled is pulled out. Groomer sank before on lake benard in sundridge, they charged the club 100 a day until it was recovered by helicopter.

Thanks for the heads up, wont be posting my vids. Thats messed up i was watching snowmobiler tv (the show that royal distibuting pimps up peoples sled) and they had a special about a group of guys that cross open water every spring in southern ontario. Maybe the person that is being looked for can bring this up if he gets brought to court.
Pat

Brother!!!! Ignorance abounds! Who gives a damn about "illegal"! Illegal is manmade POLICY, not law! I only concern myself with UNLAWFUL! Go find that POLICY, (Motorized Snow Vehicles Act) yes policy, of a company and read who it applies to! It applies without exception to PERSONS, not men and women! It simply cannot because of equality under the law! Because of equality under the law, one man cannot impose his will/opinion on another, hence all of the written so-called laws(sic) only apply to PERSONS (Corporations) as defined in the Interprepation Act (Canada)(same in the US)! Just another prime example government bureacracy that fraudulently attacks a man collaterally when he has already lost! They'll do this on threat of arms and on pain of imprisonment while having never provided a valid BILL (You're only ever obligated to PAY a BILL!). That my friends is called racketeering! Done every day by our so-called criminal friends in blue, and then tell us its for our own good! Can you spell fraud and public nuisance? Yes ACTOR who ACTS as a police officer, I MEAN YOU!

Next time one of you, or your friends or neighbors is dealing with a real crime and there's not a PEACE officer in sight, you get to take comfort in the fact that the treasonous criminals, while getting paid by you to be PEACE OFFICERS are busy subcontracting themselves out writing tickets for profit for a company, to some poor idiot who is already down, then use the courts and force of arms to collect from him.

Don't be afraid of living like FREE men, afraid to post your videos or whatever you wish to do! Instead, google WINSTON SHROUT SOLUTIONS IN COMMERCE and learn how it all works and go after any snot nosed public servant who would dare to subvert or deny the rights of a free-man-on-the-land
! If he gets brought to court, get him in touch with me, I'll teach those policy enforcers a lesson in commerce and remove their risk management bonds from them faster than they can say 'unemployment'! Peace. G.

Back