venture with a rx1 guage

BETHEVIPER

Life Member
worked on the sled today and got the guage all wired up, dash plate made up. will be painting sunday and reinstalling finally. looks good in there and now it will be easier to see if i have made any gains in speed when testing.

now if we had some snow.

pictures after it is painted.

when they were viper couled.
mine is the last year for the older sx/vmax coul. its a nice brown color, kinda like a shiny turd. its beautiful really.

thats what I thought.

I wanna see how this looks, and does the gas guage work in the rx1 gauge? what about other functions in the gauge?

worked like a charm and looks as factory as can be expected. will take pictures tomorrow.

this is the guage the sled should have come with.

now to get that boss seat on.

jon, if your reading this, you ride like a girl

I can't wait to see this sled, if it's anything like the Viper it should be awesome. I am getting to the point in my life where I'm going to be the guy with the two- up so my kids can enjoy it too. You are giving me hope that a two-up can be kick-a$$.

Good Scott them sell me your Viper, I will meet you at Fiesta Gialdaldi's in Johnson Creek. Thanks again for the windshield, fits good and looks good as well...

my old viper is long gone, spread over this country like ashes from a deceased loved one(only i got money from it)

here are some pictures of my guage prodject. this worked flawlessly all winter. next year it will be mounted on the bars and a bag will be made to fit under the windshield and the guage pod will be cut down to just hold the windshield and headlight.

Attachments

• CIMG0353.JPG
    CIMG0353.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 37
  • CIMG0353.JPG
    CIMG0353.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 27
  • CIMG0349.JPG
    CIMG0349.JPG
    150.5 KB · Views: 55
  • CIMG0354.JPG
    CIMG0354.JPG
    172.2 KB · Views: 45
the only thing that wasnt a direct plug in was a ground wire for the pickup

the rest of the wires are there.
i mounted it about 1in higher so i could see it above the bars with my old seat, later i installed a boss seat(ugly but a good ride, kinda like a fat woman)that was taller and the guage could have been lower.

yes, that is an extra lever on the bar, reverse where it should be

I can't believe I never saw this thread in all of the years. BTV would this work a on 2000 srx? What parts would I need? I might have to think about this one...

yes, it should work. this biggest issue is the tach sense, the older igintions were read off of a six pulse. The newer ones, like yours, run off of 1pulse.
you need to run a hall effect rotor on the drive shaft, viper/apex/rx pickup, viper/rx/venture gauge(others might work), hood wiring and mount it.
there are some wires you need to trace out to move them around in the plug at the front of the sled. there is even a difference between the viper and rx1 gauge plug ins so make sure you get the diagram for your sled, and the sled the gauge and harness came off. Other than that, you will need to power and ground the pickup. Both wires are there already.

BETHEVIPER said:
my old viper is long gone, spread over this country like ashes from a deceased loved one(only i got money from it)

Just saw this reference. How many loved ones have you disposed of so far Scott? ;)!

Back