Sunday Gaylord ride, ran into a fellow TY'er

Sno-Xr

My cousin and I went up around Gaylord for a day ride. We left Waters and stopped at Lakes of the North. Left there and head to Larrys Bar. While we were there I mentioned that it was funny we hadnt seen anyone familiar. 10 minutes later a guy walks over to us and asked if I have ever been on a TY ride( I was wearring my TY shirt, of course), said I looked familiar. Turned out to be tsiceman, met him and Tod on one of my 1st TY rides in 06.
I know :worth:
But it was pretty cool running into a fellow TY member! Hope to see him and others next week at the next TY ride in Muni

I drove up to Gaylord on Monday to pickup a bed for my son. the snow was sick!!! I was wishing I had a trail sled again.

We are snow checking two 09's.

Yeah, it didnt seem to stop snowing all day Sunday. Had to wipe a couple of inches of fluff off the seat after each stop.
Two 09's ?? Awesome!! Im getting closer each year to a four stroke. I dont want to wait untill the Viper is in as bad of shape as my SRX. Want to keep it as a good back-up! Hope they get the bugs worked out of the Nytro soon, although after the 07 demos 2 years ago, I was pretty impressed how the Apex RTX handled in the nasty woops and wooped out corners!!

Thats the reason I wanna pick up one of REDMATERS TY windshield stickers, its always cool to run into familier faces and names. How was Gaylord? I know they got quite a bit of snow but it usually gets beaten up pretty fast.

Jason,

Thats cool you gettin back into trail ridin again, Are you leaning a certain way sledwise?

Trails in the Gaylord area last weekend were bumpy as usual and snowless in some of the corners. Only snow they got up there from the weekend before was mostly dry/fine snow, which didnt do the trails any justice to get a good base going again.

Here's a couple of pics from our ride near Grayling Sunday. Trails were a little beat up but I have seen worse, we didn't ride trails too much. We were on the power lines and pipe lines which were in great shape. It was colder than a witches *** though, not much stopping and not for very long either. -Ed

Attachments

• P1200242 (Medium).JPG
    P1200242 (Medium).JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 8
  • P1200243 (Medium).JPG
    P1200243 (Medium).JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 5
  • P1200253 (Medium).JPG
    P1200253 (Medium).JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 4
hey tom (tsiceman) said he talked to you..... he ended up with a broken collar bone.

Tod

The trails were perfect sunday and monday except for the 3 drifts I found on the trail going to larry's (snow drifts, snow dust, blowing snow= meet ortho. surgeon tommarrow). I think it's broken in two spots. Oh by the way it was awesome meeting another TY'er "Sno Xr" on the trail!

Well, now there are 2 of us in the Collarbone Club!! Broke mine the first day out in the ride to the early TY ride. Great way to spend your winter, EH? Mine is healing, but is crooked as a dog's back leg! DOctors both said "Ya, they do that!". Hope you're feeling better. Been 24 hrs. without any pain med for me. WOOHOO! I'll be riding by March (hahahaha)!

MrSled said:
Tom...u too. Maybe a few to many late night phone calls when driving the sled...LOL
Thats funny! He told me that he was looking for a web site that had a 24 hr hot line!!

tsiceman- That sucks, when you said it was loosening up and feeling better, I thought for sure it was just bruised .
Good luck with the healling!
Dave

Just seen the surgeon, He said I'm done for this year, broke collar bone right where it connects to the shoulder and tore the ligiments too. Surgery tommarow and i gather that he will be borrowing some parts from my hamstring. Sno x'r, I thought I was OK we rode all day sunday and monday. The good Lord protected me, it could of been a lot worse.

S.X. said:
Thats the reason I wanna pick up one of REDMATERS TY windshield stickers, its always cool to run into familier faces and names. How was Gaylord? I know they got quite a bit of snow but it usually gets beaten up pretty fast.

Jason,

Thats cool you gettin back into trail ridin again, Are you leaning a certain way sledwise?

I won't know until they come out. I think there will be a new Apex. I think that's the way I would go. I like the Nitro but I hear it's a very cold sled. So we'll see

Sno-xr,
you going to muni? How many in your group? Looks like its just me and Bigmax so we have room to share gas and acomidations. 4 or 5 place covered trailer and 4 door chevy 6.0.

Trailer is in Gaylord. We are headed up on Wednesday night and staying at the house in gaylord then headed to muni thursday morning.

Tod

Tod said:
Sno-xr,
you going to muni? How many in your group? Looks like its just me and Bigmax so we have room to share gas and acomidations. 4 or 5 place covered trailer and 4 door chevy 6.0.

Trailer is in Gaylord. We are headed up on Wednesday night and staying at the house in gaylord then headed to muni thursday morning.

Tod
Yep, we're going. Right now its me, Wingnut and 1 other. Possibly a 4th, so we are waiting to decide on what we will be doing about trailering. We have two enclosed if all four go, or if its just 3, we will throw one in the back of the truck.
Thanks for the offer though! We'll have to hook up and ride together, or atleast have a drink or two!! ;):D
See you next week!

Back