Modular helmets

fourbarrel

VIP Lifetime Member
I think I'm going to pick up one of the Doo Modular helmets and am looking at the modular 2 style but can get a pretty decent price on leftover stock of the original style.The BV2S are nice but a bit out of my price range plus I'm figuring on doing a bit of custom work with my new lid either paint or decals so there's the extra coin I'd spend on the BV2S.Which is considered a better helmet the new mod 2 or the original?

Most people consider the BVS2 to be the better helmet.
Dont limit yourself to just a BRP modular though. Ive got a Polaris modular that I really like and Yamaha sells a Snoforce modular as well.

I have the 1st Gen Doo modular and I like it. The BV2S is definitely a step up (both in features and price.) I just noticed recently that they have the Modular 2. I haven't seen one in person to make any comparisons.

i have had two, first one lasted 5years, second one i just sold tonight after 3 or 4, ive lost track. they are great helmets, i have not found a better one and will be buying a new style one.

a friend bough the bv2, he hated it, the breath box had many issues, he went back to the first version.

if you get a first version, make some plastic rings to go inside the breath tubes to hold them from pulling through.

Not to worry, I spent $25+ on a tuning fork logo that's on the helmet. Pride is wearing a helmet that fits and is comfortable and being able to see.

Back