1992 Jag 440

2angry

Hey guys i just picked up a sled for free, for my Daughter, Sorry but it aint a Yamaha, but free is good, its a 1992 Jag 440 fan, The problem is it runs fine for about 20 minutes then it acts like its all loaded up, if i lift up the back end and work the throttle it eventually clears up. I cleaned and adjusted the carbs atleast three times, changed the gas, gas filter, gas lines, fuel pump, coils, The plugs are a little darx but not fouled, or wet, i'm kinda leaning towards the stator, or cdi box, would these have any affect on what its doing??? Whats the best way to check these??? Or a if anyone has any other ideas, let me know

Its an Arctic Cat !!!! :bump:

Free or not........its still a Cat !!!! Hee Hee!!!
It will get you out there, but it will not bring ya back!!
Thats normal !!! :rofl:

I just could not resist, it is all in good humor.!!!

we had a panther with the same 431cc fc suzuki in it. Ours always fouled plugs, but then again the panther had only a single carb and there was no way to dial the one cylinder pefectly running, and the other one constantly dark, then wet issue.

We even rebuilt it, including crank seals to no avail.
It was reliable, as long as you had spare plugs, and went throught he clutch every 2 years. LOL

maybe the Jag you got is totally out of spec for jetting? are both plugs the same color?

Good luck, in my experience you're gonna need it! I had two jags, a little older, they came as a pair, were cheap, good shape, or so I thought.

I had to part with them fast, I just couldn't keep up with all the repairs. The engine mounts were shot, and junk, the clutch was shot, and junk, and the exhaust system was shot, and JUNK! The bolts were not cad plated like on a Yamaha, they were all carbon and seized! You can disasemble an entire used Yamaha and put it back together in the time it took just to remove a few seized bolts on those jags of mine! The good deal soon turned into a nightmare! Best. G.

Last edited:

Back