Ski Doo.......

yammiman

........can't fix em, bury em!!! - I was at Red'z Wolf Inn Monday and this Doo was a victim of the infamous roof snow slide!! - second time I've seen this happen there - thought it was worth posting for a laugh!!!

Attachments

• DSC00675.JPG
    DSC00675.JPG
    203 KB · Views: 27

Haha! We are headed up friday morning & staying across from Red'z. Lots of awsome backcounrty riding around there ;)

Anyone ever stay at the bunk house at Redz? We took a tour of it last year or the year before. It would be perfect for our crew if it only had a bigger kitchen/dining/living room area (and maybe a 2nd bathroom.) The bunks are a great idea and the garage is nice.

If anyone is interested in boondocking north of Newberry, let me know. I live in McMillan and used to live 3 miles south of the Wolf Inn. I know the area pretty good.

YooperMike said:
If anyone is interested in boondocking north of Newberry, let me know. I live in McMillan and used to live 3 miles south of the Wolf Inn. I know the area pretty good.

Mike we will @ the cabins across the street friday by noon or earlier. Would give you my cell # but they dont work for crap up there. We are staying @ the moose (larger cabin) behind the gas station.

Keep me in mind because we are looking to buy a place north of McMillian between Wolf Inn & Grand Marais/Herm Testers. Say maybe 40 acers with a pole barn?

Bushman said:
Keep me in mind because we are looking to buy a place north of McMillian between Wolf Inn & Grand Marais/Herm Testers. Say maybe 40 acers with a pole barn?

No offense but I hate you. Just kidding. It's only jealousy!

and you know that it is nice and packed!!! that sucks for him, but funny for me sitting here at my computer lol!

dnale said:
No offense but I hate you. Just kidding. It's only jealousy!

I know ;)
We have wanted a place up there for years but the prices was a little steep & with our down economy we feel the time is right. Now its just finding the right piece of heaven. Plowed road access-power & a cool view/rolling terrain & maybe a river/lake or stream....... Guess we will know when we see it :)

Bushman said:
I know ;)
We have wanted a place up there for years but the prices was a little steep & with our down economy we feel the time is right. Now its just finding the right piece of heaven. Plowed road access-power & a cool view/rolling terrain & maybe a river/lake or stream....... Guess we will know when we see it :)
Need a long lost cousin? Illegitemate brother/son?

dnale said:
Need a long lost cousin? Illegitemate brother/son?

Not really but I have met some very cool people from this site that I would be glad to call friends & love to ride with. That would be a big reason for getting a place north of 28 with enough room for friends. Good friends, Good riding, Good food & Great times!

Have to see how it all shakes out but a real good chance we will someday ride ;)

Ski & Bunny, Grape, Tod, B2SO where are yous?

Good luck finding that perfect spot. I know almost every slice of heaven I see up there looks perfect to me. Of course I don't see for sale signs on most of it and those that I do see, seem to have some pretty steep price tags!

Bushman said:
Mike we will @ the cabins across the street friday by noon or earlier. Would give you my cell # but they dont work for crap up there. We are staying @ the moose (larger cabin) behind the gas station.

I will keep that in mind. If by chance you see a big guy on 2000 MM ripping around the area, that would be me. Black yammy jacket, black pants, blue helmet with goggles. I was considering going for a ride tomorrow if the temps get high enough, I work 4 10's so I have Friday's off.

YooperMike said:
I will keep that in mind. If by chance you see a big guy on 2000 MM ripping around the area, that would be me. Black yammy jacket, black pants, blue helmet with goggles. I was considering going for a ride tomorrow if the temps get high enough, I work 4 10's so I have Friday's off.

Cool head our way about noon, 1 Red 136" Viper w/rider wearing lots of orange, 1 blk RX-1 121" M-10 Air Ride w/sweet sounding Hauck exhaust, 1 blk 08 800R Renegade, 1 green 700 Crossfire & 2 07 800 Rev white renegades playing in the bush or where ever there is untracked snow!!!!! :)

I was up there, got lunch at 11:30 at the Wolf, stayed until a little after noon. Maybe next time, the off-trail snow was pretty bad anyways.

YooperMike said:
I was up there, got lunch at 11:30 at the Wolf, stayed until a little after noon. Maybe next time, the off-trail snow was pretty bad anyways.

Sorry bout that, We did not roll in till 12:40. Snow is no better than what I have @ home, It did get better to the west. Still had a blast.

Hopefully with the awesome base that is out there (2+ feet of hardpack) we will get a good dump of LES and make for better conditions. Let me know next time you come, we'll meet up!

Back