Wheres the cheapest place to stay in Houghton??

Most times the Super 8 on the Portage in town, and sometimes you can find "Discounted rooms" at the Best Western in town. You'll have to ask for these. They're usually rooms that don't have a "view". During the week is cheaper, and less snowmobile traffic.

My parents house! I'm trying to remember names of places...There's the Chippewa in Chassel, there's a place on the left by Citgo as you enter town. And by far the cheapest, best base camp that I know of is north of Calumet on US-41 close to the snowmobile trail on the East side of the road. The name escapes me tho....

The place next to the Citgo is the Best Western. That place North of Calumet is the probably the cheapest, also the name escapes me. But the question is, if they have a room. This is by far, one of the busiest times of the year here in Houghton for snowmobiling.

Ok, I will give some of those places a call tomorrow and ask and see what they have. I really dont care where or what the room looks like, I just want a bed and a place to park my truck and trailer....

VenomMod said:
The place next to the Citgo is the Best Western. That place North of Calumet is the probably the cheapest, also the name escapes me. But the question is, if they have a room. This is by far, one of the busiest times of the year here in Houghton for snowmobiling.

I meant the Citgo that is east of campus, the little run-down hotel that is next to that one....

It is the Northgate that is just outside of Calumet, say hi to Chicken Hawk if you stay there.

I think a better option is just a few more miles, The Whitehouse Inn, in Mohawk. $58 a night with a bar across the street and one of the best breakfasts around next door at Slim's Cafe.

We stayed at a little motel a few miles before you enter Houghton, next to a gas station (citgo?). Not sure if the place is open any more as this was at least 5 years ago, but it was cheap. It was called The Holiday. If I remember right the trail was across the street ...

We like to stay at the AmericInn in Calumet, I dont think it would be the absolute cheapest but they are still very reasonable and you get a decent (expanded menu from the norm) Continental breakfast included. Also they have a nice pool and Hot tub.

Called a few places and got some prices of 99-189 a night! So I am going to have to maybe look a little bit out of Houghton and try that and just drive them to the trails....

For what dates did you look at? This weekend is Winter Carnival for Michigan Tech. Prices are absolutely ridiculous. The Best Western does have good deals, for around 50 dollars. You have to work them.

Back