I cried today at fed ex

maxdlx

VIP Lifetime Member
Shipped away the best upgrade I had ever made to a sled. I still second guess myself over selling the ohlins. Makes it even worse when we got 10 inches of snow last night, and it was raining by this am. Maxdlx

I just had mine re-valved before the Muni ride. So far Im very happy, just need to do a little more playing around with them.
What did you replace them with?

Did you go by the stock dimensions that the skid is mounted in a Pro-X tunnel? If so, you could drop the front mount 3/4-7/8". The skid will perform alot better. Lots of info on that in the Pro-X section on HCS. That's the only bad thing about these skids is that they have a dead spot in the beginning of the travel when they're mounted in the stock location. The front of the suspension is mounted too high in the tunnel and the rear shock is the only one to absorb the hit until it compresses enough to allow the front shock to take up some of the bumps.

maxdlx said:
nope just the skid, i love my 4 stroke. Maxdlx
Ahh, I thought you meant the front Ohlins!!
Like shortstop said, you wont miss them at all when your ripp'n woops at 50+ mph. Or you hit that nasty set of woops at a bridge crossing. (Can you say Flying W)
It will be a new sled, for the good!

Hey maxdlx...quit hogging all the snow in eastern Iowa and send a little to the central part. We are nearly bare and need a fresh coat! Today's storm will do fine, just move it 50 miles north. ;)!

we are in the 15 to 18 inch range come on over

Shortstop, i have been following the post on hcs, but i did mount it right the first time, and now relocated it. Maxdlx

Thanks for the invite. We got barely enough to go ride. Did 125 miles on the DesMoines river yesterday. Ye Hah!

Back