Got the motor for the Ovation today...

dnale

VIP Member
The motor for my ovation came today. I uncrated it and did a quick look over. It's got everything. Even the choke lever and all cables to recoil to clutch to carb, etc....even the motor mounts.... The project has just begun. I looked at the sled last weekend and it was frozen to the ground. I should have gone today and broke it loose but I didn't have time. No huge hurry on this one. I don't think the ice will support the requirement of needing a sled this season for ice fishing. The seller didn't spare on packing materials either. I was impressed.

Attachments

• crate 1.JPG
    crate 1.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 2
  • crate 2.JPG
    crate 2.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 2
  • crate 3.JPG
    crate 3.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 1
  • crate materials.JPG
    crate materials.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 2
  • fan side.JPG
    fan side.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 1

well on mine the idle is always funky when it is cold. does not matter if the carb is cleaned or not. it always idles low cold. if i turn the idle up, i have to shut it down because it now idles over engagement when it gets up to temp. that and there are no parts breakdown/tuning books for it. the only people that have any info on it are the dealers and i have not had any luck getting info on this carb out of them. they should have just stuck with a single mikuni of any type in my opinion. the smaller aircooled yamys always seem to run better with the single carb for some reason.

I know, from here on out it is alot of elbow grease and back strain. The swap itself should, and I stress should, go pretty easy. This rain is killing me. I wanted to finish "finishing" the inside of my garage so I would have one less item on the list (and a warm garage and more space since I have the materials sitting there....) But the wife's car is covered in snow and has been sitting there thawing and dripping all over the concrete that I need dry so I can roll out the insulation to cut and put up before I cover it.....

When we bought this house and sold our condo, I was told the basement and garage were mine.... on the condition that I still had to make room for her car in the garage. There have been a couple of nights where I had my car sit outside (the truck is always outside.) Those of course have been when the toys have resided inside, like the boat, sled, etc....

Back