Southern Wisconsin Members

Viper Treats

You guys in Southern Wisconsin make sure you post some pictures. That storm looks nasty! I wish it would have moved north, lucky bastards!

Here's what it's doimg right now...

Attachments

• IMG_0549.JPG
    IMG_0549.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0552.JPG
    IMG_0552.JPG
    209 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0553.JPG
    IMG_0553.JPG
    204.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0551.JPG
    IMG_0551.JPG
    198.9 KB · Views: 4
I dont have any pics right now, but when I got home this afternoon at 3:15pm the snowdrifts in my driveway were up to my knees.
When I was driving home from Whitewater it took me about 45 minutes to get from Whitewater to Edgerton (it normally takes me about 25 minutes) because it was pretty much white-out conditions. The roads werent really that bad, but the visibility was so poor that it was hard to see where the road ends and the ditch begins.
They said on the news that we got about 16" of snow.

Not in Ws but here in Tipton Iowa we got 14 inches, and some wind to drift it up really nice. I am going to work early tomorow. LOL Maxdlx

We got nearly 16" from this storm here in Thiensville, just 5 minutes N of Milwaukee.

I will post up some pics soon.
Too bad the trails down here suck so bad that I don't even keep a sled down here anymore. I keep them all up north.

I was lucky enough to be driving through it yesterday. Started 45 miles north of Milwaukee and stopped just south of Chicago. 50 foot of visibility.

gbic1 said:
I was lucky enough to be driving through it yesterday. Started 45 miles north of Milwaukee and stopped just south of Chicago. 50 foot of visibility.

Yeah, driving was fun, even the 10 miles round trip from home to work and back. The Am was not that bad, but by 2:30pm, when i was the last guy working and finally had enough, it was bad. even with my Grand cherokee with great snow traction it was scary. Mostly due to idots that have no right to be out driving in cars that are getting stuck or have absolutely no traction at all. If you did not have a 4wd truck, or a 4wd SUV with actual road clearance, and good tires, you were screwed yesterday. I saw a few awd cars completely stuck, 1 Subaru, an Audi, and a Freestyle were all AWD heavy snowfall victims. Needless to mention anyone witha fwd, or rwd was completely screwed. The visibilty was horrible as well.

The Wendy's down the street is still completely closed. Nobody plowed it out, and due to that, it never opened today. All 3 major shopping malls were shut down as well. That never happens.

Actually this is what I was driving and we made good time in all. No 4 wheel drive.
SANY0098.jpg

Back