Can you say scam?

If you read the fine print it is a raffle. Sounds like a GREAT way to stick it to some unsuspecting soul.

I read the fine print and I'm afraid that what you said is exactly what's going to happen,a lot of people assuming anyone is foolish enough to bid on this are going to get stuck with an envelope of nothing.Neat idea though.

Looks like he's already sold one of the envelopes. 399 still available. Cool idea but how do you know even one of the envelopes has the "winning ticket" for the sled. All he has to do is tell everybody that somebody else won and he could keep the sled. How would they know any different?

why wouldn't you jump on the opportunity to turn $50 into $1..... If this guy sells them all, he'll make some nice coin for himself. If you figure 1 $5000 prize, 1 $2500 prize, 1 $1000 prize and the other 396 are $1 plus the 1 for the sled.....he's looking at pocketing $11k minus the value of the sled. Minus some ebay fees of course....LOL
;):D

shortstop20 said:
Looks like he's already sold one of the envelopes. 399 still available. Cool idea but how do you know even one of the envelopes has the "winning ticket" for the sled. All he has to do is tell everybody that somebody else won and he could keep the sled. How would they know any different?

My thoughts exactly."Oh I'm sorry but weren't the winning bidder someone else has the right envelope but here's a dollar for you".

So is that really legal? Sure sounds like it shouldn't be. Aren't raffles like that heavily regulated just for the reasons stated earlier? I gotta think that with out any regulation there isn't a winning ticket or tickets.

Im sure you could get his name and address and camp out by his house with a half dozen of your closest friends and wait for him to open the garage door (or peek in the window) and find out for yourself if this guy is for real or not??? You know "keep him honest???? or you could take a chance for 50.00

have you ever spent 50.00 on a football pool????? how do you know the guy wouldnt spend all the money on a drunken stupor!!!! Or he gets BUSTED and the "FIVE-O" takes all of the reciepts???? I suppose its just GAMBLING and maybe thats why they call it GAMBLING????????

I'll buy 1 for 50.00 if we can all keep this guy honest and find another 398 TYers to buy a ticket!!!

I think we should all send him an email on his ebay account and ask him if he is for real. 9 or 10 thousand email should get him excited

If you purchase a envelope from him, you have a right ,through ebay, to have his address.... Do you think it is really a scam????? 400 people at his front door looking to see who won the sled??????

M-Max said:
I think we should all send him an email on his ebay account and ask him if he is for real. 9 or 10 thousand email should get him excited

LOL

Yeah, I can't even imagine that this is something Egay would allow. I bet it will get pulled.

Back