Spyware removal ??????

Bushman

Ok I gave the ol putter a free virus/spyware scan & it come up with a bunch of crap found. So what is a good program for removal? Putter seems to be working ok so I aint got a clue about this stuff, Sould I worry about it or not?

ur best bet is to go out and buy a anti virus and spyware soft ware. its well worth it. i use "fix it utilities 7" has alot of stuff more then just anti virus. auto check points, so u can reload ur computer to an earlyer date in case u mess somthing up, aslo it defrags, updates, and disk clean up. also lets u create a boot disk incase ur computer compleatly crashes so u can reload it from the disk

AVG has some great utilities,check 'em out,also spybot,Ad-aware are some
great FREE one's,havent had a computer problem in many many years with
these programs...

gbic1 said:
Down load spybot it is free or donation

spybot is what I ran & it come up with over 200 suspects, Also ran stopzilla & it came up with a coolwebsearch that said was bad. spybot did not pickup the coolweb. Searching coolwebsearch looks like its not a good thing to have on the putter. So is there a one click repair that works?

terret725 said:
ur best bet is to go out and buy a anti virus and spyware soft ware. its well worth it. i use "fix it utilities 7" has alot of stuff more then just anti virus. auto check points, so u can reload ur computer to an earlyer date in case u mess somthing up, aslo it defrags, updates, and disk clean up. also lets u create a boot disk incase ur computer compleatly crashes so u can reload it from the disk

OK Big dumby here, What is defrag? I have seen it mentioned before but really clueless?

daman said:
AVG has some great utilities,check 'em out,also spybot,Ad-aware are some
great FREE one's,havent had a computer problem in many many years with
these programs...

See thats the thing, I dont think I have a problem but these 2 scans said I do. This is my work computer & it works fine imo.

If it's spyware thats found spybot,Ad-aware should find it and remove it,make sure you using the lastes vesion.

AVG has a great spyware tool too,go check there web site out...

You have nothing to worry about. I have used ad a ware in the past with great success. i kind of go laxed on doing it. The computer here at work had 1392 finds. It sure works better know. the ad a ware isn't that expensive, and man it sure worked wonders here. Maxdlx

Defrag means defragmenting the hard drive. As the operating system (Windows) runs it spreads files out on your hard drive and leaves little bits and pieces of files all over the hard drive. Files aren't all laid out contiguously. When you defragment the hard drive it puts as many of these pieces back together as it can. And in the process it speeds up the seek time of the hard drive since it doesn't have to get tiny pieces of one file from all over the hard drive when the file is needed. You really should try to defragment once a week. But some people NEVER defrag. The defragmenter in XP kind of sucks too. I have used all of the best programs, like O&O Defrag, Diskkeeper etc. The one I like the best is Raxco Perfect Disk.

If you want to know more technical information about fragmentation/defragmentation see this page.

the fix it i use is like 50 bucks then 30 or 40 a year after that and u get upgraded soft ware evey year not just a subscription renewel too the anti virus program. came with the rights to put it on 4 computers too.

http://www.v-com.com/product/Fix-It_Utilities_Home.html

Last edited:

Back