The Weather

Exciterfan

Well last Saturday we had a blizzard with minus 30 degrees C temps. No real snow just blowing around what we had. Lat night was -35 degrees C and now thismorning we're above freezing with freezing rain. We can't even buy snow.

If you send that freezing rain my way tomorrow I will hunt you down. It's an amazing day for riding here right now at -8 and clear sky. Tomorrow is supposed to be +7 and rain. I can't beleive how crappy this year has been. Crappy isn't even the right word for it. I've been out once this year (twice today) and there's only 1 more month left at the most before the season is over.

Exciterfan said:
Well last Saturday we had a blizzard with minus 30 degrees C temps. No real snow just blowing around what we had. Lat night was -35 degrees C and now thismorning we're above freezing with freezing rain. We can't even buy snow.
I,m praying that the weather report is right and we should have some FREE :rofl: snow tomorrow.

It was 40 degrees F today...I considered getting the quad out and going trail riding - while the viper, freshly rebuilt and ready to rock, sits there quietly in the shed. The ditches are more brown and green than white, and the "white" that's there is rock solid. I'm not even mad anymore lol....I'm just disappointed :(

Well I went out anyway yesterday and put on 270 Km on the old SXR600 (Piped). It was hard riding being above zero as the machine was darting all over the place. Never had a darting problem before???? And the M10 was fading a lot . I had to crank the dampening adjustment almost to the MAX!!

I want -10 C with some nice snow!

I was out yesterday as well, electric shield was useless in the freezing rain. Still managed to do 145 miles though. Talk about crazy weather, -35 C on friday, +1 on Sat, and back to -20 C today.........CRAZY

Exciterfan..I don't even care anymore.I just wrench on the sleds..that keeps me busy...lol. I took out your long travelled shocks from the SRX skid this weekend and put my stock shocks back on.This lowered my sled about 2 to 2.5" down.Also dropped the front end to.Now the SRX is back to stock suspension and ready for some serious runs.If you want some serious snow,come out my way and we can go into my uncle's bush properrty alonf the river.There is a good 3-4 feet of powder in there.You wouldn't make it to far before you get stuck.You have to pin it and stay on top or you are dead.I tried going in there a few years back and I turned around as fast as I could because I knew I wouldn't be able to run thru it all and not get stuck up to my waist.In my younger days my cousin and I used to get buried in their when we rode thru.Had to keep it pinned and ski's on top.The Red River is nice now,2 to 3 inches of snow has gathered down on it from the winds blowing it around.My Hyfax sees snow today,not rock hard crap that is everywhere else.#$%&*

My brother and I just got back from the Wasaga beach area in Ontario and what a change in weather from one day to the next. On Saturday when we started riding it was a beautiful sunny, crisp -10 Celcius. day.(perfect snowmobile day!) We put on about 200kms. Great day! This morning was a different story. Started with freezing rain and then switched to just rain. It must have warmed up over 15 degrees in just a few hours. Oh well, we loaded up and came home. I hope that wasn't the last ride of the season!

Its raining all over, my driveway is a skating rink, and its above freezing today....wait till tomorrow when it turns cold....not gonna be fun conditions out.

Back