"honda 250r motor polished"

amatosrx

VIP Life Member
i just finished this motor for a friend of mine. took some pics before i torqued the bolts down. it has a complete overhaul porting polishing powdercoating all new parts hot rod crank v force reeds new piston and all new bearings 38 mm carb. it is a n 89 250 r quad. who else is into quads.

Attachments

• 100_1639 (2).jpg
    100_1639 (2).jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_1641 (2).jpg
    100_1641 (2).jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 100_1642 (2).jpg
    100_1642 (2).jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

At first I thought "huh, it's gunna be a little lean with that intake so loose", but then I realized the cylinder was going to pop right off on the 1st kick, so the piston is "safe"!

Nice job.

Here is mine, ive done alot of work to it. This was snapped just before i pushed it in the shed for winter.

As of right now i have a 686cc big bore kit for it, kibblewhite valve springs coming, and possibly a +2 swingarm. Not sure on the swinger yet though. Im thinking im going to need it when i do the big bore.

Do you ever hit up silver lake dunes?

s4300146jf5.jpg

i go to silver lake often friend of mine has 10 acres up there. i will be going soon. me and 20 friends are planning a trip march 15 in baldwin mich to ride the trails. on the annual snow chicken 50.

Attachments

• 100_1333 (2).jpg
    100_1333 (2).jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 3
  • banshee silver lake (2).jpg
    banshee silver lake (2).jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 1987 3 (2).jpg
    1987 3 (2).jpg
    330.5 KB · Views: 3
hey amato I remember hearing something about the snow chicken last year? You say it is march 15? where do you guys start out of? I might have to pull my Banshee out of storage for that

March 15th? That's right after Steak and BJ day... the makings of a great weekend! LOL

the snow chicken starts out at the peacock ltd in baldwin at 9:30am and we ride 50 miles on the little manistee loop. it is a good time if you want to go we stop at cedar springs in the morning for breakfast then hit the road.

amato: ill have to let you know when me and my bro go to the dunes. maybe we will see each other there. We arent even close to seeing dirt on trails here. we still got about 2.5-3 feet of snow in the yard.

Man do i love riding those dunes, wish they were closer. Its about 7-8 hour drive from here.

gwinnraptor: sounds good i will be going in april we can get together somtime. i have a cabin in lathrop it is 7 hours to get there and only 1.5 to the dunes for me.

what do you guys run amato? I have some old iron I wouldnt mind taking out including a couple early 80 kawasaki 3 wheelers and some vintage bogie sleds along with my banshee and blaster. You just run ATV's or is it a free for all?? do I need ORV stickers for all my old iron?

it is a free for all you will need an orv thats it it is a state all sport trail. it is a blast. there are bikes quads snowmobiles golf carts.

damn can I get away with an ORV on a snowmobile?? LOL. There is no way I am paying to register a 1968 yamaha snowmobile and buying a trail permit for it, I'm sorry. hmm we might show up let me see if I can get my old ATV's out by that time

Back