Considering Bender can for SRX

I was thinking of getting one last year so I borrowed one from a friends for a day to see what I thought.There was no noticable power gain and it did nothing but give me a headache at the end of the day. They are way to loud and anger some of the land owners on our trails.

I vote no on the can!!

Syles

SRX Dave, you can bore out the silencer on a srx for a much better sound and maybe some performance, definitally no loss, but you can not just take a hole saw up in there like you can do on a sx. You have to cut open the entire muffler, cut out a baffle and weld it back together. I am going to be doing this to my srx very shortly and I will let you know how it goes. I still have a stock one so this winter what I will do is do many high speed runs with my G-teck computer that shows all performance with the moded muffler and then I will do it for the stock muffler, I can also send you a sound clip. Later in the year just remind me about it and I will let you know. Where are you located? If you dont have the tools to do it, you can send it to my shop and we can do it for you. Let me know

I have a bender can and they sound good but would like to try and go back to stock. Still in the air what to do

2000srx,

Thanks for the reply. I would definitely like to hear the results of that SRX can mod. If it works I may give it a try. I'm in Iowa. Thanks for the offer on the work, but I have a buzz box that should be able to handle that small of a job. Dave

I've never heard of anyone boring out a stock SRX silencer before. Are you gonna put it on a dyno to see if there are any gains to come of it?

I do not have a dyno but Like I said I do have a program that bolts right on my sled that tells me tons of info. such as speed at any distance from a dead stop and HP outputs I believe. When I do the test, it will be the exact same day with the same conditions with the same rider (155 pounds) and everything, I will print out the whole info sheet that it comes with and let you all know. It should be interesting to say the least.

Back