Golf carts anyone?

YooperMike

I posted this in the ATV site, but not as much traffic over there. Anyone have a lifted yamaha golf cart? I'm looking to buy one (hopefully good and cheap) this summer and lift it and turn it into a poor man's 2 wheel drive rhino. Anyone done this, suggest any good lifts, tires, or any other mods? Anyone know of any sites to look at besides ebay and craigslist to purchase a good used cart? Not much in the local papers around here yet. Thanks!

Boylans Yamaha in Plainwell sells to golf courses and they also sell used ones from the golf courses ... my dad puchased one a few years back for 1600 it was 3 years old.
http://www.boylansales.com

Currently he uses a lifted ez-go for the same thing your probably thinking ... he takes that thing all over the place! He even puts one of those enclosures on it in the winter and adds a little propane heater for ice fishing! (He has a snowmobile, but I think he uses the cart more)

I heard yamaha golf carts are more expensive and harder to put a lift kit on.I would go with an e-z go or club car.I have a lifed e-z go that used 4 wheeler shocks in the rear and a spacer in the front.

My e-z go is lifted with big tires and rims, and has a coors light theme can get pics if you want.

i had a friend that had a yamaha golf cart and put a phazer engine in it. Man did that thing fly. He could pull the front wheels off the ground forever and it topped out at about 75. The thing was reliable and pretty sweet. Just another option if your handy.

ive got another friend thats working on putting a red head in one but cant figure out how to keep it cool enough to run it all day in the dunes

sxviper65 said:
i had a friend that had a yamaha golf cart and put a phazer engine in it. Man did that thing fly. He could pull the front wheels off the ground forever and it topped out at about 75. The thing was reliable and pretty sweet. Just another option if your handy.

I would definately hurt myself with something like that. I'm thinking top speed of 25-30 mph with excellent gas mileage. Unfortunately, I am NOT handy or knowledgeable enough to do that sort of mod.

Back