144"x1.25" track on '01 MM700 - best way to install?

cleansocks

I'm thinking of getting a new track for my '01 MM this year. What is necessary to fit a 144"x1.25" on this sled? Will a set of big wheels do the trick or do I need the extensions?
Also, will any 144" track fit, such as a track made for a Polaris or another brand?
Thanks
P.S. If anyone has a good used one for sale let me know..........

I dont know about fitting it using the wheels or if you have to get an extension, but I know that you can run any track, including those made for pol, doo, or cat as long as it is 15" wide.

What are you going to be doing with this sled that makes you want a longer track with a small lug size like 1.25"?

i have seen this done and you can get buy with just getting bigger wheels on the back ;)!

Since your going with a 1.25" lug. You could also upgrade to 9 tooth drivers. They are more efficient and will reduce track racheting.

I can't get a 141"x1.25" anywhere and where I do most of my riding the 2" is a bit much, so I decided to get the 144" and a smaller lug and try that out. Seems to be the best option, unless anyone else has any suggestions?
Thanks

What type of track are you considering a camoplast "ripsaw" or a "predator" ?

I'm asking because I have the same problem, I bought a 03 sxViper mountain because it would be easier/cheaper to change it down to trail/powder than change up a short track to trail/powder setup.

So I want to trade in my 144" x 2" for a "ripsaw" or "predator" 144" x 1.25 But I need advise as to which one is best. We sometimes have marginal snow up here in the Canadian prairies and some times we get lots of powder. I'm not a mountain rider (too far to go to mountains) but my short track has not been able to cut it in the last couple of years.

Pick which ever one looks better to you or is cheaper, because i dont think you will notice much of a difference in terms of performance.

Back