Will a 51/43 helix work well on my 00srx ?

SRX7

I have one sitting around from my SX.Will it help or hinder back shifting and over all aggressive trail riding.

Hey Tom,
On my '01 SXR 700, do i have to change the stock 16mm rollers to 14.5mm rollers if i do anything to the clutches? I know for sure they don't work very well with 8CA's, wondering how they would work with like 8DN style weights? Let me know if you know anything about it.

I run the 8ab weights in my sxr with 14.5 mm rollers.... I know the 8 ca weights work much better with the 14.5 mm rollers and I never cared for the stock weights.

the info I have all points to 14.5 rollers. That's what I'll be using for clutching this fall.

On a 01 sx-r the 16mm rollers will work if you run a 51/43 with the 8df weights with 4.5 gram rivets in both holes. Good trail set up that will backshift pretty good!

51/43 will work well with 8bu-10,s. 51/43 will work with 8bu-oo for racing only....load the tip & about 2.4 in mid. Don,t go in deep snow, you will get stuck!

Turk said:
51/43 will work well with 8bu-10,s. 51/43 will work with 8bu-oo for racing only....load the tip & about 2.4 in mid. Don,t go in deep snow, you will get stuck!
what weights are in there now? and what should I wrap the secondary at with the 51/43?
Thanks guys

You have 8dn-20 weights. These weights work really well on the SRX when running at proper rpm,s(83-8500 rpm) You can add the helix, run 4.5 gram rivets in both holes. Right now you should have a 3.6 inner & a 4.5 outer. Wrap secondary at 80 with the stock red spring. You might want to run a Yammie w-w-w primary spring.

Thanks Turk,I guess I'll wait for some snow cause the only time I tested the sled was late last year and I took note (the sled head I am) of the rev's and it seem to me that they were at 8500ish but not really sure.I bought the sled just a month ago and therefore looking to set it up.
When I set my old sx700 with your specs and tripple pipes ( it ran like crazy )the sled did not like the 51/43 helix, it seemed to pull better in the mid to higher rpm with the stock helix.
Thats why I have this helix left over.

Back